Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I have an old Wacom board, about 4 years old. It works, but I'm of course always eager to have the Latest and Greatest. So I'm wondering if anyone here have any ideas on the old Wacoms vs the fairly new Intous2? Is it any better? Yes, I know it's bluer, but that doesn't count for much.

K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

I have an old Wacom board, about 4 years old. It works, but I'm of course always eager to have the Latest and Greatest. So I'm wondering if anyone here have any ideas on the old Wacoms vs the fairly new Intous2? Is it any better? Yes, I know it's bluer, but that doesn't count for much.

K

K

My previous tablet was an ArtzII 6x8 which is probably the wacom youre using Klaus, and then I bought an Intuos 6x8 a couple or three years ago. Apart from the design of the pen (bigger) I didnt see much difference even though it apparently has more pressure levels. I upgraded because I needed USB to plug it into my laptop and the ArtzII is serial. Its now used by my younger daughter mostly for drawing/embellishing her digital photos in photoshop. Recently when demonstrating some photoshop method I used it again and Im thinking I preferred the smaller pen barrel to the newer bigger intuos one... also the whole tablet is smaller which makes it a bit more portable perhaps.
    If youre after some new retail therapy, the new Canon A70 digital camera is more compelling Id suggest. 640x480 video. yeow.

Q

Ah, shortcut's aside, the graphire2 is all the pad I would ever need... smaller area sure, but... I can still select those vert's in a 3D object, or move around those points in a vector as well as should the pad be larger... and I find the same with painting... I mean it's not like we are talking sub atomic pixels or anything... unless you need some really large pad to copy plans say or tracing those hand drawn worx or what have ya, the advantages stay with the smaller area pad I find... smaller radius movement with wrist as in apposed to larger area move your whole arm... Likened to comparing a gearshift from the olden days trucks with full arm motion to the modern sportsy auto with a flick of the thumb, finger and wrist shift... and the quality in construction and operation of the graphire2 is every bit as good as Wacoms larger pads... save your pennies and treat your arm to the Graphire2 IMHO

Thanks guys! I will consider your input. And then go and do exactly as I damn please. :-)

K

K

I bought one of the new A4 ones on E-Bay just after christmas because I was going to be doing quite alot of cartoon work for my business
    Well it really has taken me ages to stop looking for my mouse and it has required a lot of self discipline to stop using the mouse and I would like to say now that I have stopped using it and only use the tablet for vector drawings but I can't. One thing I will say, it is easier to use and I don't always lift my hand for the mouse in Photoshop.
    Design is thinking made visual.

On Earth for A Little While / With Christ for Eternity

I had a 12 x 12 but sold it & purchased a small tablet. What I noticed with the big tablet,I had it set up for a smaller size so I wouldn't have to move my arm so far to do stuff. Then realized I didn't need the larger one.

The intuos or graphire? I went with graphire bundle to get painter7. The tablet works fine & it's nice to have painter too. The Graphire is A nice improvement over the serial pads I have used. Not that much of a difference.

A tablet is a tablet. Just having one is fine with me. Give me a table & an optical mouse & I'm a happy camper.

Ww
    ----------- _~o
    ----------- '\<,, "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep
    ><>____(_)/ (_) - in order to gain that which he cannot loose." JE

I agree