Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Possible to transfer CS5 to different computer?

I have Photoshop CS5 ver.12 installed on my laptop but now need to use it on my PC. Is there a way to legally transfer CS5 from my laptop to another of my computers?

Jim
    IP

Default Re: Possible to transfer CS5 to different computer?

you can run (load install ) Photoshop on two computers but both computers must not be running at the same time. I have done this with the last 4 versions with no problems.

Yes it is legal to do this
    IP

Thanks. I tried it but it won't accept my serial number. Is there something special that needs to be done to install it on a second machine? Laptop wasn't on-line at the time.

Jim
    IP

If your number has been rejected that could be that in the past you re-installed Photoshop more than 3 times ,or it has been installed on anther computer without you knowing ,or just a bug in your computer that a call to Adobe will sort out, they have serial numbers that will sort out for you.
    IP

Jim was the software installed on other computers but not uninstalled?

Uninstalling Photoshop reports back to Adobe as well as an install.

As long as the software has not been installed more than 3 times without an uninstall taking place the serial number works. Once a fourth install occurs without any uninstalls the serial number will not work until you contact Adobe.

This happened to me a few years ago when I installed on a new computer, the next day the hard drive failed. The store where I bought the machine replaced the computer but when I tried installing Photoshop the serial number was rejected. I had to call Adobe and they told me to uninstall the software and the serial number would work. It took about an hour before their rep understood that I could not uninstall because the machine was toast and was back at the store to be sent back to the manufacturer.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll contact Adobe to see what's up. I don't want to uninstall unless I'm sure I can install it back somewhere.

Jim
    IP

Adobe products and the validity of their licence aren't controlled by installing the product or uninstalling it. When you install a product you have to activate it. If you the uninstall it the product will remain activated as far as Adobe are concerned. There is a seperate process for de-activation and you can find that as a menu option on the Help menu in Adobe products.

This is a good page to refer to: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/100/1008779.html
    IP