Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default WD7 Premium - Specifying Folder Names

Is it possible to assign specific names to project destination files and folders within WD7 Premium?

Example - I'd like all of my CSS files to be saved in a sub directory named "css" with meaningful file names instead of the auto-generated ones. Same for javascript, images, and any other exported files.

Default Re: WD7 Premium - Specifying Folder Names

No.
    John.

I take it from your response that the question has been asked before. I searched but didn't find anything.

Curious, WD7P is so well thought out and thorough, is there a reason this feature isn't available?

Quote Originally Posted by ksiads View Post
    I take it from your response that the question has been asked before. I searched but didn't find anything.

Curious, WD7P is so well thought out and thorough, is there a reason this feature isn't available?
    Ksiads, you maybe able to do this after you've exported your project files. First, backup your project (i.e your .web file) somewhere on your HD. Next, take the files in your Xara created directory(s) and move them to their respective folders (i.e. move *.css files to project_name/css). Open file_name.xar configuration file(s) and make sure you change the relative path to the location where you put the your css files. I think this will work. Let me know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by dejohnny View Post
    Ksiads, you maybe able to do this after you've exported your project files. First, backup your project (i.e your .web file) somewhere on your HD. Next, take the files in your Xara created directory(s) and move them to their respective folders (i.e. move *.css files to project_name/css). Open file_name.xar configuration file(s) and make sure you change the relative path to the location where you put the your css files. I think this will work. Let me know how it goes.

I'm deep into the project right now, dejohnny, but I will create a duplicate site to experiment with once I'm finished. I'll post my findings here. Thanks for the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ksiads View Post
    I'd like all of my CSS files to be saved in a sub directory named "css" with meaningful file names instead of the auto-generated ones. Same for javascript, images, and any other exported files.
    ......is there a reason this feature isn't available?
    Xara WD isn't a HTML editor, basically.

Quote Originally Posted by dejohnny View Post
    I think this will work.
    See post#2