Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Guest Guest

Default Blog with Xara's native means?

I wished to have a Blog inside a Xara Web Premium created Website.
    When searching the Forum I saw that there's several general options available:
    • embedding Nabble -Blogs
    • linking to CMS- Blogs such as Wordpress
    • Google Docs

Now say I had excellent reasons not to be willing to use any of the above approaches but indeed
    wanted to use native Xara-Tools to author something like a super-basic update-able
    Web-Diary (without most typical Blog-Functionalities). Would you say that's at all possible?

required:
    • Pages of arbitrary Length
    • all Graphical Freedom offered by Xara offers for typical static Sites
    • complete Design-Consistency with the static pages of the Website

desired:
    • at least manual sorting (Release-Date, Topic)
    • rudimentary Intelligence (changing the Length of one Entry lets other Entries adapt)
    Last edited by polyxo; 14 May 2011 at 08:41 PM.

Default Re: Blog with Xara's native means?

Unless you are a programmer, it cannot be done. Best to go with one of your three options.

Guest Guest

Default Re: Blog with Xara's native means?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Unless you are a programmer, it cannot be done. Best to go with one of your three options.
    Thanks Gary,
    could you please elaborate a bit more what had to get programmed to use Xara as a super basic Blogging-Tool? I maybe was willing to hire someone for that task.

To me this made a lot of sense:
    1)The Blog could run inside exactly the same Layout as all other pages of the Website = no Inconsistencies in Design.
    2) People who work in Design often are not allowed to post a lot of their Project-Content online So their static pages, describing Services
    and Who and Why and Where can only be of somewhat limited Graphical Value. Strangly for these "boring" static pages one can use Xara
    and its pretty unlimited Web-Design - Options.
    For Blogs however, the sort of rapidly changing Pages where a creative Person actually can demonstrate how one works and thinks and
    can showcase the Tidbits which are not under NDA or other Restriction one has to use the same (graphically) terribly limited Toolset
    anyone else is using (CMS-Blog-Engines). What a Pitty!
    So if at all possible - I'd like to do this with with the richer Graphical means Xara offers.

It's clear that all Commenting and Social-Media Stuff couldn't get handled easily or at all and obviously the "Blog" could only get updated
    from my Desk. All this would not matter in that case.

So what I want is basically an Xara-updatable Document for just one Contributor - nothing else.
    Really undoable?