Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Guest Guest

Default publish a Xara-created Website in 2 Languages?

How would one go about most intelligently if one wanted to have a Website created with WD-Premium published in two languages?
    Would one create two identical documents both with Text and Graphics and publish them separately? Or is there a smarter way available?

Default Re: publish a Xara-created Website in 2 Languages?

Create two different websites. Have two icons that represent each language and link each icon to the appropriate site. Most sites use a small flag icon.

Guest Guest

Yeah, that was the way I thought it would work by all means. But that means keeping two files sychronized "by hand".
    So you would not see methods to automate a bit more (file-linking, loading of external text-files and such?)

Not really possible due to 'absolute positiong WYSIWYG' styling of Xara HTML. Auto conversion from one language to another would break layout of text.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

I have a client who wanted english and arabic versions of his site, I though the easiest way would be to install a wybya bar on the site with a language conversion tool on it, but the after converting to arabic the text is indeed all over the place as John said, I am now going to just create a duplicated site in arabic and just link to it (www.thesite.com/arabic) and have flag icons for english and arabic on the nav bar.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Guest Guest

Thanks for your Input! Then I think I'll start out with the English Site first and then add the Site in my Mother-Tongue if time allows.
    I already guessed that one basically had to duplicate the Sites and sync them manually - but I wanted to make sure not to miss some
    crucial steps which were difficult to add to an already existing structure.

I do it all the time in english and french, see example at www.frenchweb.eu/jjscafebar/ Every english page (pagename) has an exact copy below it in the page and layer gallery called pagenamefr, then I translate all the common items, headings buttons etc, re link the nav bars and then translate the text content which often takes up more room. Setting up the links is a steady job but once done works great. The site always opens in the english home page but if the french flag is clicked all the navbars work in the french copies if the british flag is clicked on any page all the navbars follow the english pages, looks good and the clients love it. My biggest problem is my french is not good enough to do the translations myself yet.