Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Guest Guest

Default stretch to fit Background from Center?

I'd like to build my Webpage with non tiling, non scrolling full-Size Image-Backgrounds The Tweakset contains Code-Snippets which provides this, which is great!
    However - is there also a way to make Images stretch to fit from Center, according to the Screen Dimensions the page is displayed on?

Also are there any methods supported to make these non-tiled Backdrop-Images load intelligently?
    I would like to exchange the Image at least for every Category, best for every single page and would really like to avoid noticable delays for people with Broadband Internet.

Finally: Is it possible to give the Page Background a Colour, then to to place an Image on Top of it and to use a Blendmode on it so that it takes a Tint of the Background?
    Last edited by polyxo; 14 May 2011 at 08:37 PM.

Default Re: stretch to fit Background from Center?

Quote Originally Posted by polyxo View Post
    I'd like to build my Webpage with non tiling, non scrolling full-Size Image-Backgrounds The Tweakset contains Code-Snippets which provides this, which is great!
    However - is there also a way to make Images stretch to fit from Center, according to the Screen Dimensions the page is displayed on?
    No

Also are there any methods supported to make these non-tiled Backdrop-Images load intelligently?
    No (but you may add code snippets via placeholders for preloading)

Finally: Is it possible to give the Page Background a Colour, then to to place an Image on Top of it and to use a Blendmode on it so that it takes a Tint of the Background?

Yes, use CSS for the background colour and image (which you have feathered or added transparency to (or both). See:

http://board.xara-users.info/viewtop...t=1727&start=0
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Guest Guest

Default Re: stretch to fit Background from Center?

Thanks neodeist,

@ Stretching BG-Images: So there is really no method available other than making Backdrops transparent towards their Edges to not
    make the Background Colour appear oddly if only the Screen exceeds the Background-Image-Size?

@ Preloading: Image- Preloader sounds good. Would you know of any suitable Preloaders which have been posted already?

Also has the whole Topic of Extending Xara with Code-Snippets been documented in Depth somewhere? I realize that the Web is full of such Helper-Scripts but I currently couldnt tell which of these could be adapted to work with Xara.

Thanks also for the CSS-Hint for tinting BG-Images! This will certainly work, I franky was hoping for an interactive solution. If only one image is planned as Website-Background it's probably no issue to do this with a Colour set via CSS.
    It could be less attractive to use if one had Backdrops for each single page and wanted to fine-tune their Corporate Appearance.

As a new Xara-User I also found out that one can tint images by simply dropping a Colour from the Swatch onto it.
    Can one make this Technique also work with Background Images and somehow control the Effect by setting the Colours Transparency?