Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Limit on Number of pages?

Is there a limit on the number of pages you can create using Web Designer 7 Premium? I currently have 59 pages and was trying to duplicate a page to create a new one. I got an internal program error with number 1420.k.NO.ar which leads me to suspect that I've run into some sort of capacity exceeded problem. Has anyone else run into this problem or has anyone else built a website with 60 or more pages?

Default Re: Limit on Number of pages?

That seems like a lot of pages. I suspect it has more to do with how much system resources you have available.

I suggest saving your file frequently and shutting down WD and reopening it from time to time to free up your available resources. And close all unnecessary programs.

I'm up to 126 pages [and growing] and I do get this alot! What I've noticed is that when I do a duplicate of a duplicate of a duplicate without saving and renaming the original duplicate the above happens. If I save each page as it's duplicated then it doesn't happen. hth...

Autoevo

Thanks for the encouragement. I will try your strategy from now on but right now I can't even duplicate a page without getting an internal program error. I've submitted a ticket to xara and they asked me to send them a copy of my .web file which I did. I hope to hear something back from them soon and I'm hoping that they relax any restrictions on the number of pages with their next upgrade.
    Best,
    ArtHart

Quote Originally Posted by arthart View Post
    Is there a limit on the number of pages you can create using Web Designer 7 Premium? I currently have 59 pages and was trying to duplicate a page to create a new one. I got an internal program error with number 1420.k.NO.ar which leads me to suspect that I've run into some sort of capacity exceeded problem. Has anyone else run into this problem or has anyone else built a website with 60 or more pages?
    Hi Arthart

Although I am newish to xara products I am currently working on a project for a company that is large, all the development and design is being done in Designer Pro 6. I am currently at 68 pages and my system is fine. Gwpriester is right though I think I am only able to handle that many pages because I am using a home built system which includes an Intel i7 2600K processor with 16GB ram and a OCZ Vertex III 6Gbps SSD for starters....

With a heavy specked system - Designer Pro 6 just seems to cope fine...

Hope the above is also of interest to people who want to know how many pages xara can cope with - when I have finished this site I will post my final page count...

Regards JLT

Wink Re: Limit on Number of pages?

Thanks for your data. I hope xara can find a way to handle a large number of apges without making us all invest in a supercomputer to handle the load!

My thanks to go out to Xara Tech Support. They fixed my problem not just once but twice. The first time was when I was at around 59 pages and they said it was because I had an incompletely deleted nav bar on some page. The fixed web file I got back from them worked just fine until I got up to around 85 pages and then suddenly I couldn't duplicate a page without bombing out (again). This time they just fixed the problem without further comment except to say to let them know if it happens again. I finally completed that project that I was working on and the website is currently at 90 pages. Hopefully a new release will fix some of these instabilities once and for all.

Gary has a good tutorial somewhere about breaking a site into parts, and linking them. I am looking after someone just at the moment and can't go digging, but I am sure he would give you a pointer when he's next here.

Good luck.

Ali

Here's the link to managing large websites http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/wo...kbook%201.html

See? It's like magic. Thanks Gary.