Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Need advice

Default Need advice

We can, of course, have a photo pop up to a larger size. This is on the same page as the photo.

I have a list of people's ads down the left column of my page in a narrow column and would like to be able to click on the ad name and have it show up in the larger column to the right of the names column. Whichever ad name that is clicked on would show up in that right hand column space.

I assume the ads themselves would have to be on other pages so can one have the pop up do so on another page?

Seems there should be a way to do it. - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

Default Re: Need advice

I would use pop-up layers the link the ad names to the pop up layers.

Popup layers will do this :-)
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Beaten to it again!
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Tks, guys - I'll have to learn about pop up layers, huh?
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com

OK - got it to work - even though what is in the "help" section is not what came up when I clicked on the "page and Layer Gallery".

When I clicked on the "page and Layer Gallery" when on the page I am working on, up comes things almost as it shows in the "help - Layers, Mouseover (rollover) & Pop-ups" - the page then below it is "Mouseover" then "Mouseoff" then "Layer 1". The help section shows "popup" then "Mouseover" and then MouseOff" - no "Layer1".

However, when I start with a new page put the ad name as text and a rectangle as layer 1 and a graphic as layer 2 and another graphic as layer 3 and click on the Page and Layers Gallery, I get the page then Layer 1 and under that "text Line", "Rectangle". On the second and third layers it shows Photo Bitmap2 and 3.

Although what showed was different I have followed along and it works - I have page 1 with layer 1 and the text and a blank rectangle where I want the ads to come up. Layer 2 has an ad and layer 3 has an ad. In "preview", I click on the text of the ads and they pop up - just as advertised.

Now, to try and make it a lot easier to follow, I 'Named' the ads by right clicking, bringing up the menu, clicking on "names", naming the ads and completing. But the name does not show up in the Page and Layer Gallery - still has "photo bitmap2, photobitmap3.

Is there a way to have the names show? This is important as there are a large number of ads and they will be changing so being able to go straight to an ad rather than having to go through the layers would be much easier.

Also, although this works, is there an easier way to do what I want other than having a thumbnail and making it a popup? - jb
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com

Quote Originally Posted by jeb View Post
    Is there a way to have the names show? This is important as there are a large number of ads and they will be changing so being able to go straight to an ad rather than having to go through the layers would be much easier.
    OK - found out how to do that.
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com