Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Access Violation Exception when adding photos WD7

Hi there -

suddenly I cannot add select photos (no rhyme or reason, same properties as other photos) to site. I try to drag/drop and the program freezes, with an "Access Violation Exception" error, followed by a bunch of numbers, different each time.

Unfortunately, these are product photos, and I simply cannot do without them.

I have to exit out of the program and come back in, but contintues to happen....

I seem to be a bit 'buggy', and wanted to ask.... if i do an uninstall and reinstall, will I lose all my web files that i've already built?

Thanks in advance for help - i seem to be taking 1 step forward and 10 back...
    Sandy

Default Re: Access Violation Exception when adding photos WD7

Odd, but I am having a similar experience with drag and dropping photos into WD7. I cannot do it. I am not getting an error message it just does not work.

But, I can import the photos (File > Import) and then apply the photos from the Bitmap Gallery if this helps.

I wonder if this might be the result of a recent Windows update?

So glad I found this thread! Just came here to start the SAME thread but it had nothing to do with adding photos. The minute I used the Extrude tool on an object everything started hanging. Then I had it show the lights (I'm a long time user of Xara 3D Text, since version 2 and have upgraded all the way to the new Xara 3D Maker 7) and things really started going wonky. I literally had to sit and wait every time I clicked and dragged a light to see the action happen. Approximately 30 seconds. I knew I was in trouble. Long story short a Fatal exception error followed which asked if I wanted to automatically send the report to Xara. I told it to do so. It then informed me that this action failed because I must not be connected to the internet. What???

This was then followed by an Access Violation Exception. Shut down program, reboot, everything is fine until I go back to trying to do what I had been doing before. Wash, rinse, repeat. Here is one of the logs I was able to save. I thought it was saving the others after I hit view and then clicked, "File>Save>" but fooled me.... it wasn't.

Reference Code: 85f06da7-fa7b-4739-a52d-8999fa3cb3f6 (Which was followed by: Access violation exception at 0x0153A901 )

Oops.... tried to copy and paste the log file here but it wouldn't let me post it. Said my post was too many characters. *shrug* Sooooo... won't let me e-mail it to Xara and won't let me post it in the forum. I give up.

Any help would be appreciated as I have already been paid (quite handsomely) to rebuild this web site for a client in my sparkly new program (yes, I'm a former SiteSpinner user) and while I'm still fumbling around with the program a bit it would be helpful if it didn't crash a total of 11 times in row today. I've run CCleaner, Spybot S&D, and prior to that uninstalled any old software I thought might be conflicting with it (which is why I ran CCleaner to rid the registry, etc. of old and obsolete entries, clear out any unneeded or broken DLL's, etc. etc.)

At this point I am at wit's end. I did not purchase the back up CD. I only purchased the online version. With all these crashes I am afraid something has become corrupted within the program. Can I uninstall it and reinstall it again? I need help FAST!!!!! I am running a Dell Inspiron desktop running Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit at 6 GHZ with 6 Gigs of RAM and a 1 Tarabyte hard drive so I know it's not that I am low on resources. LOL

~Darlene~

I'm unable to replicate the problem on any version of Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) and all have the most recent updates.

Darlene welcome to Talkgraphics. You can uninstall and reinstall the program.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Must be something in the water. Welcome to TalkGraphics Darlene.

Thank you both very much I'm sure you all will be hearing more from me as I had become quite comfortable with SS and although I am a bit out of my comfort zone taking on such a huge project with an unfamiliar program, I am very excited about what I can learn to create with WD7 Premium in time I have been a long time fan and customer of Xara software and don't see that changing anytime soon! I will go ahead and do an uninstall and fresh reinstall right now.

If I have any further issues\questions with this or any of my other Xara products I will be sure to start a new thread on the appropriate boards.

~Darlene~

Hi there - I just tried the File-Import ---- worked with some photos but not others. I have looked at all properties of photos side by side (one that will transfer and one that will not),and i see absolutely nothing that is different....sent a ticket in to support, but they couldn't tell me why i couldn't add pages either...can't figure it out, and can't get work done

hopefully there'll be some kind of patch,as the problem does not seem to be isolated. good luck everyone!
    sandy

Bluedogs77 Did uninstalling and reinstalling Xara work?

I'm having the same problem "Access Violation Exception" but when moving and resizing form widgets not photos. Xara sends an error report, then closes, then I open it again, try moving the form, the same happens and so on... over and over. Again yeah, loads of RAM but it's all on a go slow. Sounds suspiciously similar. This is in WD6, not 7. Anyone know if there some patches available for WD6 that might fix this?

I've never used a programme that freezes up so much!!