Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: xara with my new job!

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    I think it doesn't take much to stop you using Xara!

I guess that the rest of the button processing isn't enough for Xara to make up this ground?
    Well, at the rate of work that I have to accomplish day-to-day, I run into none of these issues with photoshop. I really want to use Xara, but check out my latest issues. I have some time right now to check out the major issues I'm dealing with... I still use Xara, but very rarely. Only for illustration exports etc. I want Xara to be my main workhorse.

it appears that .png files export with dpi settings, but not .bmp... Is there a reason why I can't do this? I tried to make custom units like the developer suggested, and it did not correctly import or export in the original size and dpi as I had imported.

I guess maybe I should probably either forget using this as a production tool or somehow figure out how to get this working properly... It seems the odds are against me. Other software seems to work fine.

Okay. I've finally somehow mopped up most of my issues with using xara as the MAIN image processing workhorse for the company I'm working for. Here's how.

I had imported each of the .psd files from our templates that I was using with photoshop.
    I created guides for alignment purposes, and preset text on circles for arched text since it is an often used design tactic for buttons.

each template I resaved as a .xar file, and somehow it keeps the dpi the same way, if I manually type in the pixel size (I saved that number in each template so I can see it each time). This could be eliminated if somehow I could save the export to default as "area to save: page" and "bitmap size and resolution" - PER template file, or if I'd at least be able to have a preset where I could just select the proper size preset. Either way, It's worth it. So much better interface than lousy old photoshop. I also replaced any use of photoshop by buying corel paintshop 4x at a black friday online sale. I like it more than photoshop already.

SO yeah, everything seems awesome. Been delving into gary's workbooks on text fx, and have gotten spectacular results!

Thanks all for the assistance!
    Ron Cavagnaro

Congratulations! Good to know you've got it sorted.

Allison

You know what, I never would have imagined being able to use XARA full time, and having fun while using it! It is SO MUCH MORE enjoyable than photoshop! I feel like I'm playing a game all day. Now if I could only get the export issue sorted so that every time I save a file, I don't have to click on everything... Either way, it's a very small price to pay given the xara interface is now my main interface!

RonC
    Ron Cavagnaro