Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: xara with my new job!

As to output size being clipped to the page, I suspect, though it is an extra step, one could define a PDF page or custom page size the size of your template page and print to a PDF driver. That should clip the graphic--I haven't tried it, though.

Take care, Mike

on the 'bitmap size' tab of the export dialog you can change the 'area to save' to page and will export only the page area - you may have to do this each time though
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Yes, these are for buttons with pins at different sizes.
    The reason why I am referring to BMP is because the owner actually coded his own setup...
    Pretty much, I have figured out what I want to do, which is keep using Photoshop for arrangement and saving of final PSD + BMP,
    and just using XP&GD6 for processing images and illustration. So now, I'm going to be exporting PSD format files from Xara.
    It's working out very very well now. Photoshop has it's place, and Xara has it's place!

Is there a way to make it default export PSD save at 300DPI in Xara?

PS (my new job rocks!)
    Thanks!

Exporting as PSD always presents you with an option prompt. Choose 300dpi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dpi.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	11.6 KB 
ID:	81474  
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

EDIT: in response to post #13:

I don't think so

[but you can set the internal bitmap copy to 300dpi as default]

John, I think the idea is to avoid having to do that everytime [and if anyone knows how to do it I'd be all ears]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

yeah, it's a quick-turn shop, so I'm trying to minimize extra clicks

I think everything else is perfect now... No real struggles anymore, since I have been using photoshop for the final placement / templates. Way cool!

If any of you guys are ever interested, check out www.wackybuttons.com ... Just so you know all of the designs on the site are from the older designer... This will change soon

A few issues have arisen with xara 7, i just got the new upgrade!

I still have this inclination to want to use xara over photoshop cs3 at work here... A few issues have been popping up that have been eliminating my usage of xara at my job:

-I drag a larger jpeg file in from our order system software, and it says "application has run out of memory", yet when i click import file, going to the directory, and choose the image, it loads just fine.
    -When I export to BMP, every time I have to select "render page". Is there a way to do this automatically?

I will probably have more issues I'd like to hopefully resolve later on... Thanks!

how would I load/drag images without it scaling it down? it seems I have to double click (or choose photo edit icon) then click 100% icon every single image I throw into Xara... Working at a quick-turn business, this slows down my progress... Any way I can change the settings so that it imports the image at 100% by default??

Quote Originally Posted by rpc9943 View Post
    A few issues have been popping up that have been eliminating my usage of xara at my job...
    I think it doesn't take much to stop you using Xara!

I guess that the rest of the button processing isn't enough for Xara to make up this ground?

Wow, another major issue. Seemingly randomly, when I mousewheel zoom in and out, the screen does not update, or if it does, it is completely inaccurate, until I click on the layer box or equivalent.