Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default What are some major differences between Web Designer 6 and 7-they are the same price.

I just purchased WD6, not yet opened, still returnable, but notice that WD 7 has a similar release date and price ($49.99 USD). I do not have enough time to become proficient in HTML, I must redo our non-profit organizations simple webpage soon, and I'm wondering how these two software packages differ for the newbie I am. I made a web page in the 1990's using Front Page, and I have only slight familiarity with HTML, which I'd like to avoid. Our web page at this time will include graphics, text, hyperlinks, a calendar, contacts, and some video. I cannot afford Dreamweaver.

Thanks so much.

Default Re: What are some major differences between Web Designer 6 and 7-they are the same pr

WD6 was released about a year ago while WD7 is a fresh release. I would suggest you to get WD7 if you can. You can also contact Xara support, if you have purchased WD6 just before WD7 release, you may get upgrade to WD7 for free.
    John.

Default Re: What are some major differences between Web Designer 6 and 7-they are the same pr

Thanks for your reply. I have found a few differences online. I'll return WD6 and buy WD7. I hope it is improved in terms of utility and ease of use. I downloaded a trial copy from Xara. I get unwanted color changes when I look at the page in Internet Explorer. Also, the margins seem weird (a problem WD6 apparently had).

Thanks again.