Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Own Mouseover Button | Problem

hi

im starting posting here and im coming with a xwd7 problem:

i want to create my own navbar with mouseover effects. when i change a text from a button of the off layer so i want to change the text from the over layer concurrent.
    The help file explains it in the part "Creating Your Own Mouseover Buttons" (Layers, Mouseover (Rollover) & Pop-ups). i followed the steps but when i have to soft group the buttons from both layers i get an error message: sorry, the selected objects cannot be soft grouped because they are not compatible (e.g., due to different anchoring).

Hope for help
    If you want i would make a video how i try to do this.

best regards from germany

franz

Default Re: Own Mouseover Button | Problem

Yes, video would be great.
    John.

ok here is a video where i try to make a own mouseover button which should change the mouseover text when im editing the mouseoff text concurrent:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My1FjF4GkxA

You have created two navbars, one on the mouseover layer (while you should never place any objects with links on the rollover layers), then you have tried to soft group them. This is wrong.
    You have to soft group both of your button states BEFORE you create your navbar. When you have them soft grouped, select this soft group and then create a navbar from it.
    John.

thx for reply but when im applying a soft group i cant click the create navigation bar. its grey.

No it isn't. Create your button as you did in the video (the group of the shape and a text). Create a copy of it in the mouseover layer and chage it's color, again like you did in the video. No, as you have two groups, one on the mouseoff and one on the mouseover layers, select them both, and apply a soft group. With this softgroup selected, create a navbar. Follow these teps and it will work fine.
    John.

thx so much
    it works

Hello, i have a problem with mouseover buttons. I create the rectangle and the text, softgrouped it and it works fine... but the text looks blured... is there any way i can fix this?