Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Online Store... how to?

Hi All,

is it possible to create an online store using WD7P? If so, how do you go about doing this? I've tried searching for 'store', 'shop', 'ebay store' in the help feature but no luck... basically, I don't really want an ebay store, but want to sell car care products from my website. Obviously I know we can create the individual product pages for the car care products I want for us to sell but, to add a shopping cart, place for people to add their card details that will then link to the company's bank account etc... how do you go about this?

thanks all
    Autoevo

Default Re: Online Store... how to?

Webdesigner cannot be used as a traditional ecommerce solution. The best workaround and the simplest is to create a paypal account and then create your products list on paypal and then copy the code to web designer, you have two choices; Buy Now and Add to Cart, buy now is for when you expect the customer to buy one thing only and then pay. Add to Cart allows the customer to add one item (they are then taken to your paypal page - and from there they can either pay or carry on shopping (the Carry on Shopping button takes them back to your website to carry on shopping). For what you have in mind I would suggest using Add to Cart, you simply create buttons for all your products and then create a View Cart button. The drawback is that it can really only be used by the designer of the website as CMS is not really possible (or at least not easily) using web designer. Also with the paypal option the customer does not need a paypal account and can shop using credit/debit cards as well, and don't forget people trust paypal.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Check this out! http://www.xara.com/us/widgets/v7/e-commerce

I have not used this as I don't own Webdesigner 7 Pro. But it looks interesting'

Good Luck

Bob Wise

Thanks for this!

Quote Originally Posted by skech View Post
    <snip> CMS is not really possible (or at least not easily) using web designer <snip>.
    What is "CMS"?

We have used the html code from the paypal site for our order page.

I still want to re organize this to look better, but I am sure you can do better. But it works!
    Michael Ruffino
    www.rkimarketing.com
    www.enerlightingusa.com
    "Enjoy the Process!"

content management system

Has anyone seen or used this ecwid on a xara site, seems to be quite a simple shopping cart.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

yes i have used ecwid it is very good - just sign up - then copy the code into placeholders - you can also use amazons astore with WD7 to - again just use the code as placeholder
    quick example of an amazon store

Didnt spend anytime on designing this - it takes minutes to do it

Cheerz

oh just incase you want see an example of an ecwid store here is one - not finished yt - still deciding what to do with it

Ecwid Example

cheerz
    Last edited by trukkerz; 11 May 2011 at 12:24 AM. Reason: added more info

Hi guys,

Will the ecwid work with downloadable pdf's? so instead of selling a physical product its a downloadable one. Also can I apply restrictions through this method? The other way I know of, is by using a 3rd party ftp and upon payment provide the customer with a passcode or link...but I think this is abit of a faff. Would much rather use the ecwid with Paypal if its possibe?

Cheers