Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Web Designer 7 Premium Issues

I've been playing with the trial version of Web Designer 7 Premium for several days and cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. I have previous web design experience, mostly with FrontPage. I have worked with HTML some as well. I work in Photoshop, so I know about layers. I'm not a total novice, but I'm not extremely proficient with brand new technology and terminology.

QUESTION: I've modified the test page and it looks great, except when I view it, most of it doesn't show up. I've tried moving the individual layers to the front, but only parts of the page are visible in preview. I have a feeling it has to do with where my layers are being stored.

I also cannot get the pop-ups to work at all. I'm so frustrated. Where can I turn? Is there a manual?

I can't purchase this product if I can't figure it out. The videos are not detailed enough.

Thank you!

Default Re: Web Designer 7 Premium Issues

The layers order is important as described in the help. However it can not influence layers visibility.
    If some of your visible layers do not show on the exported page, then they are a pop-up layers.
    Any not rollover layer may become a pop-up layer if you have any object on the page that is linked to this layer as a pop-up. There are two ways of linking object to the pop-up layer (and thus letting program know that this layer is a pop-up):
    1. Web properties dialog / Link tab / "Pop-up layer" field.
    2. Web properties dialog / Mouse-over tab / "Show popup layer" field.
    John.

I seem to be having the same problem covoxer, could you explain in more detail how this procedure works? Thanks Frank

What exactly is not clear in the Help?
    John.

Well I am guessing then that the layers that dont appear in preview are now pop-up layers. How exacly do I undue this so they will appear in preview. or am I still not getting it? thanks Frank

If the layer is not hidden and it's not displayed on preview, then yes, chances are that it is a pop-up layer. To make it a static layer, you must remove all the references you have to this pop-up layer. If there is no object that is linked to the pop-up layer, then the layer is static. As soon as you add a link to this layer to any object, it automatically becomes a pop-up.
    But if you want to know for sure why the layer is not visible on export in the particular design, you'd better attach your .web file and we shall tell what's wrong with it.
    John.

When I get stuck on something I often make a new file and try and make a very simple example of what I am trying to do. That usually clarifies what is going on. Then I can use that knowledge to fix my main project.