Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default hyperlink confusion - the start of a series of prob very simple posts..

Hi everyone,
    I've just joined this group. I'm training to be a barehoof trimmer and so doing a website. But really struggling. Zara web designer is the 2nd package I've bought. I'd really appreciate help to my questions either showing me where the questions already been answered or with an answer. All I want is a nice website, and it's being a nightmare!

Anyway my first question.

I've got a webaddress I want to link to a site. I've gone and selected that bit of text and gone to the link properties button, clicked on the click to web address button, put in the webaddress button and then press apply and ok. Then I re-load the web page and it doesn't seem to have made a difference. I'd like it to underline and then the curser maybe change so people know it's a link, and it to help!

I'm really sorry, I just could do with help.

I've put the current holding page here: www.barefootchampions.co.uk

I'd link to put a links page up first, with loads of links so that's why I'd like to learn how to properly do one.

Thank you
    Hannah

Default Re: hyperlink confusion - the start of a series of prob very simple posts..

So far I can only tell that all of the text on your page is exported as image. Obviously, you can not have a link applied to the fragment of text that is just a bitmap. Make sure your text object is not grouped.
    John.

Default Re: hyperlink confusion - the start of a series of prob very simple posts..

Hi
    Thank you for your response. Should i not be export the text as image? I'm not sure what you mean about the bitmap thing... i may have to come back to you for a bit more help please.
    Thank you
    Hannah

If the text is exported as image, you can have only part of it to work as hyperlink. The image is a single object, so it's either has a link or not.
    And yes, generally speaking, it is better to have your text exported as text. Except for some special cases like headers, logos and other short phrases made with special effects and fonts, which can not be exported as text.
    John.