Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Remove Xara from Head

Hi everyone, is there a way to remove Xara meta from the head tags without having to edit outside xara. No offence to xara, just don't need clients to see this.

Default Re: Remove Xara from Head

No.
    John.

A definitive answer indeed.

I don't think the required/suggested feature matters that much. Your clients need to know that you're adding value that is way beyond using a particular software product - for example in design quality, content advice, SEO, hosting and domain registration, etc. Then the actual software used to build the page is not a big deal (unless you say you're using Dreamweaver).

The last handyman that came around might have had a Stanley hammer, but knowing that doesn't make me want to replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    The last handyman that came around might have had a Stanley hammer, but knowing that doesn't make me want to replace him.
    As true as that may be, I don't want others to discover Xara WD 7 because they'll find out how easy it is with Xara products and the next thing you know, everyone will want to design web sites!

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyInKC View Post
    As true as that may be, I don't want others to discover Xara WD 7 because they'll find out how easy it is with Xara products and the next thing you know, everyone will want to design web sites!
    I understand the concern, but it also suggests that all there is to designing websites is just plonking stuff on a page and that is so far from the truth.

Xara software makes it easy to produce very badly designed websites by people who haven't a clue. Websites of that type don't help businesses and they have a negative impact.

Conveniently, Xara also lets people who know what they are doing produce great static websites that will have a positive impact because besides knowing how to use the software, the web designer understands the issues of producing websites and has design flair.

If the question arises, you need to educate your clients that you are in the latter camp, while making them realise they are in the former camp..

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyInKC View Post
    I don't want others to discover Xara WD 7
    But do you think Xara doesn't want more people to discover WD ?
    John.

The obvious truth is that xara does not want the meta name generator removed, why would they, it's free advertising.
    From my point of view, I do not want any client or visitor to see xara anywhere on the site, nor ccs or dw which I use for php & databases, nor do I want clients to see the magnitude of a network I build for professional SEO, why would I.
    As with all programmers, we give away 95% of our knowledge, the other 5% is duly paid for by clients for the hard sweat, hours and cash we put into gaining it.

So, the end result is xara is the guvnor and won't help, childish really to those in the industry professionally.

Denis

Denis, having Xaras name in the metatags is hardly going to be of any consequence, so it's hardly childish that they include something like that - I've seen other software doing similar things, it's often possible to recognise the software used to build pages.

Seriously, what is the problem with someone seeing Xara in the Meta information? Do you think it will make you look unprofessional? Will they say "you charged us a $1,000 bucks and use software costing $100?".

What exactly is the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by proden View Post
    it's free advertising.
    It's hardly any advertising. Most people do not even look into the page source code. Those who do, are experienced enough to be able to find software they need without it. Besides, this may be considered an advertising only for the nice pages. Not all pages are. So the rest may be considered an anti-advertising.
    I do not want any client or visitor to see xara anywhere on the site
    I think you are the first person asking about it...
    nor do I want clients to see the magnitude of a network I build for professional SEO
    For experienced users, who are able to see ti anyway, removing generator field would not help. Xara generated HTML has a whole lot of specific elements to be easily identified. For example all the "xr_" identifiers, "XAR Files" meta etc. You can't get rid of it.
    So, the end result is xara is the guvnor and won't help, childish really to those in the industry professionally.
    I suppose all car manufacturers or dress designers are as childish, putting their logos everywhere? Or do you have them stripped off your car?
    John.