Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Plz review my website design guyz

[spam removed]

thanks in advance and plz correct me if i am in the wrong thread.
    Last edited by AntonyF; 23 April 2011 at 03:11 PM.

Default Re: Plz review my website design guyz

My own high school colors!

I'd suggest slowing down the slide show a little, or asking your friends if they have enough time to digest it all.

Is your home page also your primary landing page for search engines? Are search engines important to your goal? If so, then the page MAY a too much on it.

1) Your site may be different from want we see, but you tend to have 1-4 seconds to grab a search visitor. You may get 10 seconds.

2) You need to "sell" visitors above the fold (before they scroll down).

3) Keyword DENSITY is a big factor with Google. So you want very few content words, and a lot of repeats of your keyword = high ratio. For every landing page you can.

4) Lots of debate on this, but I say you should have no more than one keyword "family" per page. And you should have a separate landing page for EVERY major keyword family. You may be a student, and I'm a writer, so search optimizing violates all out best instincts! Example. I assume "Online GED " will be a major search phrase. Consider a separate page just for that. You know best, but I'd probably sell GED on the left side of the page - how many folks even know they can do it online? I'd sell online on the right side of the page. I could well be wrong on the details you need, but the thought process is more important. Structure can be critical.

5) Ideally, we optimize our site before anything else - which saves a LOT of time instead of later tearing your site apasearchyou get saecrh data. The sistructured aroundructuredaround your best keywords, and Google can help you test them for free. From that, do like an "outline" of how to structure your site -- I say "outline" because you have both "major" and "sub" possibilities. I work entirely with newbies, and if you do your keywords and site structure first, it does help many folks envision their site from a high-performance perspective -- and you already know how to do an outline!

Sorry for length. I'd just been on the phone going through all this for a client! I really do like the design elements -- my school colors and all (from the 1950s!)

If you don't yet have a Keyword Tool, this is Google's freebie:

https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

Lotsa Luck!
    Last edited by mikehihn; 23 April 2011 at 10:34 AM. Reason: dumb spelling :)