Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Black and White transparency corners

Designer Pro 6: I've made round cornered pix for a catalog. I export as a PNG and the corners show black in the Web app I'm using, but they are transparent so it's OK. The last set of pix were done in Xara Xtreme 5, when I exported those as PNGs the corners were white, and the transparency was OK. My question is why the white or black corners, and is there something I can do that will control that? I used the same approach in Designer as in Xtreme 5.
    Thanks

Default Re: Black and White transparency corners

Did you export with the transparency option?

If the image is transparency the corners should be no color.

However if you are referring to a visible fringe of black or white, then this is a case of what color the background is behind the rectangle when you export. If you are exporting in 256 colors, then either make the page background under the rectangle the same color as your web page or add a rectangle the same color as your web page that is larger than the rectangle you are exporting. Select the rectangle you wish to export but not the larger colored one.

Xara anti-aliases any object with a transparent background to the page background color or to the color of any shape underneath.

I do export with the transparency option. On the Net there is really no problem at all whether the corners are black or white. I just noticed in the Web creation program that some of the rounded pics show black corners and some white and when I execute the transparency option in the Web application the white corners go away and the pics look like they do on the Internet, rounded corners, the way they should. I can live with the way it does, but I'm looking for better control of my work. I know there has to be a reason for this and I'm just trying to determine the why's.

Whenever possible, go with .PNG with 24bit color for transparency, then the background doesn't matter.

-- Ben
    -----------------------
    Ben Morgan: ad1066 AT gmail thingy
    Chapter 13 Press: www.chapter13press.com
    Burn After Reading: www.burnafterreadingpress.com

Hi Gilbert,

Your Web app that displays white or black corners does not support transparency as does the web browser you view the images on-line.

The black or white corners are probably due to the background color the images were created and exported from. The color is present in the images although they are marked to be the transparent color, your app simply displays the color. All raster images are rectangular/square, they cannot support rounding without filling in the corners with something so pixels flagged as transparent are used.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks for the input. It's much appreciated, and thoughtful