Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Posting Same Size Photos on Multiple Web Pages

Hi
    What is the best way to establish a repeating frame for a photo (using different photos on different pages) on multiple web pages? The "repeat on pages" command is ok, but if you happen to nudge the object accidentally on one page, everything changes or requires an undo. Is there any way to fix the objects in place on the pages and work within the design set up without concern about accidentally moving placement? Can this same approach be used for text-- again without worrying about unintentionally shifting placement as you work on a particular page.
    Thanks!
    Joe

Default Re: Posting Same Size Photos on Multiple Web Pages

You can select the photo and then Arrange > Stop Repeating. Select Stop Repeating on All Pages.

Thanks. Guess I didn't make myself clear. I'd like to ensure that the photo placement and size appears in the same place on all pages (though I will use different photos.) I know that selecting repeat on all pages puts the original photo on the following pages, unless I select stop repeating. I find that if I have selected repeat photos, and I am dropping a new photo on a following web page, it is easy to disturb the placement of the photo....so now I have to correct all because I have knocked one of the photos out of alignment with others. I am trying to figure out if there is a more stabile way to put a "frame" for a photo on all web pages (or for that matter a frame for text) so that it repeats on all pages and is not so easily "bumped" or "nudged" when working on that page. Is there any way to more securely anchor the space I want to use for a photo on each page (or for that matter the space I want to use for text)?
    Thanks again!

You could lock the frame element if you are using Xara Design Pro. Each element from a dot to line to frames and text are individually lockable in the page and layer gallery. Keep visual, but lock in place. And to copy element to the new page, you could copy then "Paste in Place" on the new page. Same location without repeat function being used.
    Last edited by samrc; 20 April 2011 at 06:08 PM.
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)