Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default XWD 7 what is best method to repeat HTML on some pages, e.g. how do I create an inclu

I know that I can repeat something on all pages and this I've done. Now I want to include the following on "some" of my pages:
    <dl>
    <dt>Gruber</dt>
    <dd><a href="http://www.gruber-systems.com/products/molds/shower/1050.htm" target="_blank">Shower Pans 1050 Series</a></dd>
    <dd><a href="http://www.gruber-systems.com/products/molds/shower/1051.htm" target="_blank">Shower Pans 1051 Series</a></dd>
    <dd><a href="http://www.gruber-systems.com/products/molds/shower/1052.htm" target="_blank">Shower Pans 1052 Series</a></dd>
    </dl>

I've found several sources that attempt to explain the procedure to include HTML from another file into a page but I cannot seem to understand what I'm reading (I cannot get it to work). On my current site I used PHP with an include, this worked great but with XWD I'm a bit lost. From what I've read it should be simple but it is not simple enough for me.

The reason I want to use the code as an include is that the links are subject to change and I don't want to hunt for the pages I included the links. If (as I currently do with the PHP include) I can use the include function within XWD I'd have the same function as I do now and make a change in one place (e.g. the file I'm including) and automatically everywhere the file is used the change would be reflected.
    jgt

England (Amongst the green rolling hills of the East Midlands)

Default Re: XWD 7 what is best method to repeat HTML on some pages, e.g. how do I create an i

One method is outlined at the URL below...

http://webdesign.about.com/od/javasc...includehtm.htm

Then simply add a placeholder object that 'calls' the external file, on the pages where it is needed.

Default Re: XWD 7 what is best method to repeat HTML on some pages, e.g. how do I create an i

That was one of the sources I had looked at and tried. I just cannot get it to work. As I understand the JS file it will include either text or javascript, not HTML code. But I did try putting the HTML code in the JS file but it did not work for me. I very well may be doing something wrong.
    1. In my includes folder I created Page-Links-Shower-Pan-Gurber.js which contains the code I posted in my initial post.
    2. For the placeholder code (HTML CODE (body)) I used <script type="text/javascript" src="includes/Page-Links-Shower-Pan-Gurber.js"> </script>
    3. My page did not display the code in the file, I uploaded the web and tested. When I view the source of the page in the browser I can see the line of code that should pull the code from the JS file.
    4. I also tried using file with an extension of shtm and using <!--#include file="includes/Page-Links-Shower-Pan-Gurber.shtm" --> to pull the code in. This did not work for me, e.g. it did not display the text with links, it was just blank.
    jgt

You should be able to carry on using a php include in a placeholder.

Code:
    <?php include('includes_folder/Page-Links-Shower-Pan-Gurber.js'); ?>
    Make sure your page extnesion is .php and not .htm or .html

This should do the job ... without js or php
    Attached Files Attached Files
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Quote Originally Posted by neodeist View Post
    This should do the job ... without js or php
    AH SUCCESS!!!!! OH Joy!!!!!
    I really like your idea of using a graphic image it make things MUCH more obvious when I view the page in XWD that I've got this include. Super..... Thanks again!
    jgt