Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

WD6 Problem with widgets Eyecatcher

Excuse me now for the bad translation
    I have a problem with web designer 7 premium in Eyecatcher with widgets, I just started using the program, when I bought it, gave me problems in the editing widget, then I create errors in either preview or export of the website. I downloaded the two updates, I now have the 7.03, but the problem is you can not use the widget to their pages without modifying them, continually creates errors.
    Launching the program as an administrator I can see the preview and export website but in both cases, the pages are white and as an administrator I can not import pictures to change the widget, in contrast starting the program normally I can make the change but, as I wrote above is not I save it to the preview.
    What can I do to use widgets Eyecatcher without problems?
    My OS is Windows 7
    Thanks and sorry again for the translation, I'm Italian and I do not speak English but the Xara programs are great because even if you do not speak English are able to do a lot of sites!
    greetings Milena

[ATTACH = CONFIG] 80.919 [/ attach]

Scusate subito per la cattiva traduzione
    Ho un problema con in webdesigner 7 premium con i widget Eyecatcher, appena ho iniziato ad usare il programma, quando l'ho acquistato, mi ha dato problemi nella modifica dei widget, poi mi crea errori sia in anteprima o nell'esportazione del website. Ho scaricato i due aggiornamenti, ora ho il 7.03, ma il problema rimane non è possibile utilizzare per le proprie pagine i widget anche senza modificarli, crea continuamente degli errori.
    Avviando il programma come amministratore posso vedere il preview ed export website ma in entrambi i casi le pagine risultano bianche e come amministratore non riesco ad importare immagini per modificare il widget, contrariamente avviando il programma normalmente posso fare la modifica ma, come ho scritto sopra non posso salvare ne fare l'anteprima.
    Cosa posso fare per poter utilizzare i widget Eyecatcher senza problemi?
    Il mio S.O. Windows E 7
    Grazie e scusate ancora per la traduzione sono italiana e non parlo inglese ma i programmi di Xara sono ottimi perchè anche se non conosco l'inglese sono riuscita a fare molti siti!
    Ciao Milena
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	er.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	80919  

Default Re: Problem with widgets Eyecatcher

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Drag the widget onto the page.

Press the Save icon. Select a location to save your file. You can save to a folder or to your desktop.

Open the saved page and now you can preview the widget.

To preview any of the Eyecatcher widgets, Edit, Save, Preview.

Unfortunately it does not work in any way, for better understanding I created a video that gives an idea of the errors that occur.
    In the only widget that I could change seeing the preview, you can not see that I've replaced the photo in the widget.
    But to save or not before you edit it there's no way you can use those widgets before the updates are sometimes able to modify and save it but after the last update you can not even once.
    Xara I have the following programs before Webdesigner 7 premium
    Webstyle4, Xara 3D, Menu Maker, Webdesigner 5 and 6, Xtreme 5 and Designer Pro 6, it happened sometimes that there were errors but WebDesigner 7 premium, there are a lot of mistakes.
    I have not started building a test site because with the errors I lose my job done and I have to start again
    greetings Milena

link video http://youtu.be/aG0c80mXEpc

Purtroppo non funziona in nessun modo, per far capire meglio ho creato un video che rende l'idea degli errori che si creano.
    Nell'unico widget che sono riuscita a modificare vedendo l'anteprima, non si vede la foto che ho sostituito nel widget.
    Ma che salvi o meno prima di modificarlo non c'è verso di poter usare quei widget, prima degli aggiornamenti a volte si riusciva a modificarli e salvarli ma dopo l'ultimo aggiornamento non è più possibile nemmeno una volta.
    Di Xara ho i seguenti programmi prima di Webdesigner 7 premium
    Webstyle4, Xara 3D, Menù Maker, Webdesigner 5 e 6, Xtreme 5 e Designer Pro 6, capitava qualche volta che ci fossero degli errori ma con WebDesigner 7 premium ci sono moltissimi errori.
    Non ho ancora iniziato a creare un sito di prova perchè con gli errori perdo il lavoro fatto e devo ricominciare di nuovo.
    Ciao Milena

After editing your widget, do not close it with the menu as you do on video. Click "Save" button (or Ctrl+S hotkey) instead. Or select "Save and close" from the "File" menu.
    John.

Thank you i solved the problem, i tried again and saved without closing the widget after the change is automatically closed, i could see the preview and the images that i replaced.
    Thanks again ^___^
    Regards Milena

Grazie mille ho risolto il problema, ho riprovato e ho salvato senza chiudere il widget dopo la modifica si è chiuso automaticamente, ho potuto vedere l'anteprima e le immagini che ho sostituito.
    Grazie ancora.
    Ciao Milena

Thanks John,

Red face Re: Problem with widgets Eyecatcher

I also had this problem and was getting very annoyed with the whole thing. Once I had discovered, after reading the above post, using the 'save and close' from the drop down menu without closing the widget, everything was sweet. This is not defined in the tutorials I have read on the widgets. But.. just another learning curve.