Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Help with mouse-over and linking

I'm new to Web Designer 7 and I'm trying to set up a portfolio similar to this - http://www.******.com/portfolio_new.htm. I want a larger image displayed when the mouse is over the image and then I would like to link to a URL when the image is clicked.
    Last edited by covoxer; 18 April 2011 at 05:32 AM.

Default Re: Help with mouse-over and linking

Hi katbish :-). Welcome to TalkGraphics.

You'll need to have 2 parts for each image: a thumbnail image and a larger image that is shown during mouse over.

1. Place the large image in another layer that you create in the Page&LayerGallery. Hide this layer by selecting the "eye" icon.
    2. Right-click on the thumbnail and select "Web Properties", which also can be chosen from the top menu toolbar.
    3. In the Web Properties window for the thumbnail, select Link tab > LinkToWebOrEmailAddress (or another link selection). Type in the URL. Select Apply.
    4. In the Web Properties window for the thumbnail, select Mouse-over tab > ShowPopupLayer, and select the hidden layer of the larger image. Select Apply.

Now when you preview your work, you'll have your thumbnail that can be moused-over to show a larger image, and then directed to a URL when the thumbnail is selected.

In the Help file, search for "Pop-up Layer" for more information.
    Last edited by zeedale; 08 April 2011 at 06:16 PM.
    "Leave it a lil better than b4."

Welcome to TalkGraphics

There are a few things you might try as well.

In the Designs Gallery > Photo Objects section, there are a variety of already designed templates. You can use these as is or modify the template as you see fit. Hold down the Shift key and drag and drop images onto the thumbnail images. This will automatically generate a larger image.

Or, import all your portfolio images onto the page. Reduce them down to thumbnail size and arrange them as you wish.

Select all the images and open the Website Properties > Image tabbed section. Check Pop-up Image and set a Width.

You can go back and edit each image to change the size, and to add a caption in the Alt Text text entry box.

Here's a link to an article about how to format the captions.

Help anyone?

I'd like to recreate the functionality found here: http://www.******.com/menu.html

When mousing over text, I'd like the corresponding image to always appear in the same section of the page. Can that be done with Web Designer 7?
    Last edited by covoxer; 18 April 2011 at 05:32 AM.

It can ...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64