Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Text navbar question

Hi all.
    Is it possible to make a navbar just from images created in photoshop? I made a text effect in ps and exported it in png format. I dont want to have square or rounded bars just a text like navbar.

I made this in xara but I want to have navbar and not just mouse on and off images:

http://www.kdtspartak.vpsq.net/kdt%2...k%20knjiga.htm

Thank you.

Default Re: Text navbar question

I tried to view your page but it won't load. Not sure why but you might want to check it.

Thanks for fixing your link. That is one of the most gorgeous pages I've ever seen, and I've been doing websites since 1995.

Why do you want a navbar? If anyhting, I'll guess you may need to create more than one, one for each row of links. Creating a navbar from custom buttons is very fussy. I suggest this step-by-step video on YouTube, the only tutorial I know of that starts by creating your own buttons. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgsg2dUNxq0

Your project is way over my head, but I can see where you MAY have to create your buttons differently. Creating a navbar SEEMS to require a button AND text element, each of them named. Just a caution that you should be able to deal with.

Which Xara product and version do you have? I have Xara Designer Pro 6 and Web Designer 7 Premium, and both allow you to create your own navbars. Just search in Help for "Creating Your Own Navigation Bars". I'm sure other versions have this feature as well.

Have fun creating!
    "Leave it a lil better than b4."

The link was never bad just maybe was edited by me at that time. Oh and its a free site parking so it might be slow sometimes or maybe they doing something. I decided to make a site for my club so I ended up with that site. Since I dont know web design I needed a software obviously so I tried few softwares and ended up with xara pro 6.

I just love this xara pro 6 but I had problems with it in windows 7 64bit version. Some of the xara functions failed to work(the built in web page preview, gadgets). I tried it on several machines with windows 7 x64 with sp1 and without. The same problem appeared. On machines with x86 its working like a charm.

I want those texts on the page to be like a navbar so when and if I want to add new texts it change on all pages. I soft grouped them.

Mikehihn: Thank you for the thumbs up. This is my second web page I have made and almost entirely in photoshop cs5. It is still work in progress

I am still learning the moves in xara. The secont reason why I love xara are the great backup and feedback from all of you ppl around the world.

There's no need to have a navbar just to make it repeat on all pages. Any object can be repeated like that.
    A navbar can be made and changed easily if you use the same image on each button, but if you want different image on every button, like on your pagesm you'd need one navbar per button - which wouldn't really help you much I guess, unless you want submenus.

If you have images created in Photoshop then you will need to make each button separately. Put the mouse off version on the MouseOff layer and the mouse over version on the MouseOver layer. Select both and from the Arrange menu select SoftGroup. Do this for all your buttons. Link each button appropriately.

Arrange them all and then select the buttons and from the Arrange menu select Repeat on All Pages.

What I would do however is this. Create one button in Xara including the mouse off and mouse over and soft group. Use your background pattern and add text for what will be the longest line of text. It does not matter and you can edit the type in the Navigation Bar Properties menu.

Then create two Nav Bars (since your buttons are in two rows). Add just the pages for the top group to the first Nav Bar and add just the pages for the second row for the second Nav Bar.

In the Navigation Bar Properties menu, you can add and delete and link pages as well as rename the buttons.