Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Web Designer 7.03

Version 7.0.3 includes the following changes and is the version that will be on the Web Designer 7 and Web Designer 7 Premium CDs.

- Serious error when dragging guide objects from one spread to another. Fixed.
    - Occasional serious error opening widget folder in Designs Gallery if a gallery update occurs at the same time. Fixed.
    - Duplicate objects sometimes created when loading documents containing clipped photo fills. Fixed.
    - Widget preview images shown on canvas are no longer exported and published
    - Other minor fixes and help updates

To update your installation to this version, use Help=>Update program.

Many thanks
    The Xara Team
    Last edited by webmaster; 07 April 2011 at 03:59 PM. Reason: formatting change

Default Re: Web Designer 7.03

I'm using 7.0.2 and it says it's up to date, will not update via Help=>Update program.

Apologies for the patch not being available. There has been a technical issue at Magix end which has delayed its release. This will be resolved promptly and we expect the 7.03 patch to be available tomorrow

Many thanks
    The Xara Team

NeilH is offline Xara Group Ltd. Development Manager Member

The 7.0.3 updates are now online - apologies for the delay.

Regards

Neil

NeilH is offline Xara Group Ltd. Development Manager Member

Quote Originally Posted by StevenWWinters View Post
    Yes there are no 7.0.3 installers available yet so it's currently only available as an update via the 'Update program' option in the Help menu.

Neil

While I applaud Xara for releasing patches so quickly, the fact we have now had 3 in quick succession since XWD 7's release would indicate to me either a product rushed to market or some issues in the QA area.

Took the Update Program option. It downloaded (44Mb) then a message popped up telling me there was an update available (or words to that effect), I clicked 'Ok' then.... nothing. Message disappeared, no update install kicked off, XWD 7 still at 7.02. Tried this twice now.

Quote Originally Posted by gpholman View Post
    While I applaud Xara for releasing patches so quickly, the fact we have now had 3 in quick succession since XWD 7's release would indicate to me either a product rushed to market or some issues in the QA area.
    I think it indicates a small development team providing great customer service for software that is increasingly complex with a large number of usage scenarios.

Since there isn't a furore about bugs I'd say they did a good job about bug catching before release and an even better job in fixing those they didn't catch and getting them out for the users.

I felt a bit breathless after reading that second sentance. May I recommend punctation in future?

To be clear, Xara's products are superb. XWD is exactly what I've always wanted - it is without equal and leaps forward with every new release.

So... anyone else got a problem applying 7.03?