Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

WD6 Embedded Image Crawler script

In the Dear Xara Web Designer.. forum Pixelpusher asked for a scrolling image crawler which is mouseover pausible and has links.
    There are many free scripts on the web which can be successfully integrated into a Web Designer page via the use of placeholders (one of Web Designers greatest strengths and conveniences).

Here's one I have used from Dynamic Drive which works very well.

DEMO

All files are included in the attached *.zip file.

Note: More information about the script and other configuration options can be found at DynamicDrive

EDIT: Wrong damn .web file was zipped !! ug
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 31 March 2010 at 08:59 AM.

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Re: Embedded Image Crawler script

That is pretty cool.
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Hi Sledger,

i use placeholders (replace with graphic) to bind my additional files to my web-projects. So i need no separate ftp-upload. All files will be uploaded within XWD.

Sebastian
    Attached Files Attached Files

Good idea, but personally I don't like the built-in publishing feature and I like to keep my gallery images in a separate folder, much tidier I feel. However - as you have aptly shown - anyone is free to modify and do what suits them best.

By the way, I can't quite see how you have bound the crawler.js ?

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    By the way, I can't quite see how you have bound the crawler.js ?
    It's very easy. I create a placeholder and use the option "replace with graphic". The only thing is to change the filetype to (All files*.*), now you can select any file. Now the file was bound to the project an will be uploaded. The second advantage is, that all used/additional files are copied into a helper directory, so it is very easy to backup or send the project with all files.

Sebastian

(hope you understand my ugly english )

Ah yes I see now - but what threw me is that your *.web file had nothing associated with that placeholder at all, the field was empty until I repeated your step of 'All Files' and selected crawler.js

Your English seems fine to me

Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    ... but what threw me is that your *.web file had nothing associated with that placeholder at all, the field was empty...
    ahh, ok this was my fault. I deleted the placeholder for the crawler.js and created a new one. I missed to use "replace with graphic" but the "crawler.js" was in the helper directory already (from the deleted placeholder). XWD export all files within the helper directory, so the crawler.js was copied also.

Sorry for that mistake.

Sebastian

Hi guys,

Im fairly new to using Xara...I've got Designer Pro 6 and right now just doing a site for my university project. Im having difficulty embedding a image script. Ive made a placeholder and added the code I found on Xara-Users (http://xara-users.info/demos/crawler/index.htm) but nothing is happening.

Once I've exported it it just shows 4 boxes with a X sign in it (I altered the "image/01.jpg" to the titles of the pics I want to insert)

Can anybody guess where Im going wrong.

Much appreciated !
    James

Hi James,

Are your images in the index_htm_files folder? That is where they need to be so they will be uploaded with you website.

You would need to to make the source "index_htm_files/myimage.jpg". Of course the filename should be one of your images.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Soquili,

Thanks mate! can see the pictures...just need to alter the size of them as they're bit too big for the site page.

When I go to preview the page tho, theres no movement what so ever. Just the pictures.

Sorry to be a pain been at this for 4 hours now, starting to pull my hair out

James