Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Background image help

Thanks Neodeist:
    I've tried so many things today. I ended up downloading the trial of Xara web designer premium 7, and trying to get it done on the pasteboard layer. I realized I had not downloaded my tweakset correctly into the designer gallery. I also needed a bigger background image. It seemed like the tweakset placeholders were finicky about where they would work. I highlighted and unlocked the pasteboard layer and copied them there, but they wouldn't work until I placed them on the page area. I finally realized that the "static" tweak would do everything I wanted. I tried it with the "do not tile" tweak also, but it wasn't as smooth a transition. I tried the tweak you sent me. It seemed that it was the same thing as the "static" tweak in the tweakset for xara WD6. So, anyway, I really appreciate your response and help. Attached is a pic of the great background image on both sides of my page. If you have any advice for me as far as layout or color scheme, I would love that.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Right Background Example.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	115.3 KB 
ID:	80864

@Neodeist: Did your tweak smooth the hard lines of the horizontal tiling? When I put your tweak on the page it automatically snapped to a layer behind. I was confused and it was late and I think I lost it. I couldn't find it again to delete. But, now the horizontal tiling edge looks like a kaleidascope or mirror image of the jpeg I used for the background. There is no hard line between the jpegs. It looks really good.
    Thanks again for all your help.

Looks like a nice website, can't wait to see it in the gallery.

Kash
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Hi skech:
    Thanks for the feedback. I have to figure out the paypal pages and all that, but soon, very soon.

It's not my tweak - I'm just the finder/messenger Glad it works as you want it to
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Here's a new variation on the theme you might like to try.

http://board.xara-users.info/viewtop...t=1727&start=0

The image is across both the page and outside the page but you could lock in place a rectangle to delineate the page area - perhaps have the rectangle slightly transparent? Just a thought
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

I appreciate your help. I haven't had a chance to try the variation yet. I will this weekend. I sure like working with the xara software. Thanks again for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by neodeist View Post
    Here's a new variation on the theme you might like to try.

http://board.xara-users.info/viewtop...t=1727&start=0

The image is across both the page and outside the page but you could lock in place a rectangle to delineate the page area - perhaps have the rectangle slightly transparent? Just a thought
    Thanks for this link - worked flawlessly. MUCH appreciated!

Glad it helped :-)