Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Help Patching Recaptcha code

Hi there,

Im wondering if any admin or trustworthy member could take a look into the Recaptcha code that i successfully inserted in my contact form but with some serious flaw in it.
    I don't know about coding but im sure there is a big hole in it.

Shall upload the .xar file (not putting here as it contains the private key code embedded).

In advance thanks for your input.

Default Re: Help Patching Recaptcha code

Why are you hand coding? And if you can see it when you preview your page then it is probably OK.

The purpose of Captcha code is to make it a little harder for spammers, specifically spambots, to send spam from your form.

But there are plenty of forms, such as www.emailmeform.com that will let you create a form and add captcha protection. And because they are not winging it, the code and the forms work very well.

Xara can accept outside code but the program is not intended for HTML editing.

Hi gwpriester,

Indeed i can preview it it looks ok.
    However, there is a code validation step where i don't seem to get right. If i can send the .xar you can have a more precise idea of what im referring to.
    If i can send, please help with the procedure.

Thanks

I would rather that you do not send the XAR file as I would have no idea how to address the problem (if indeed there is one).

Where did you get the script from?

got the script from Official Recaptcha site.
    but its needs "adaptation" to fit into XaraWeb.

Here is a screen capture of the result.

Sheesh, did you hand code that link too?

http://img707.imageshack.us/i/myrcpt.png/ http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/3753/myrcpt.th.png

OK So this is a Google product. Please excuse my ignorance. I had not heard of it before.

You need to create a placeholder in which to insert the code. A placeholder is a simple rectangle, but it can also be the size of the form if necessary.

The code goes into the Website Properties > Placeholder > Replace with HTML Code text entry area.

If there is text that needs to appear in the <Head> section, create another placeholder rectangle, click the yellow name tag icon on the Infobar, and name the placeholder <html>. Add your head section text to the Placeholder > Replace with HTML Code area.

If you edit your HTML document, it will be overwritten the next time you preview or publish your site.

I am not trying to sell Web Designer 7, but WD7 has buttons in the Website, Page and Placeholder sections where you can add both head and body script.

What is more important is does the embed code go in the <head> section? The <body> section? Or both?

lol_@_hand coded that link too ?
    yes i almost, hehe. Imageschack has been "tough" on me
    image fixed.

Yes im currently trying WD7 and it has the body and head section. The code is in the body section (as the page was already made using WD6).

The matter lays in the code structuring. There is a .php file that goes on the server side to help validating the imput. It's not really straight forward for non coders (like me).
    I managed to get it look "good" but the validation part is not perfect... + other minor stuff.
    Would be great to sort it out and publish a "how to" of it, for other Xara users.

Thanks

People have mentioned using Emailmeform.com, which is useful and is what I have used previously, but if you get more than 200 emails in a month, they they want you to subscribe to them (£60 ish a year).

Well I went over this limit with a competition I'm running, which is why I wanted a form, building in a Captcha solution to stop spam.

So I built a html form outside of xara using Recaptcha, with client side validation ensuring mandatory fields were entered (and put it in a php file). This then called a server side verify.php to do server side validations of the fields + validation of the Captcha code.

It all worked...The ReCaptcha box was shown..brilliant.

BUT..when I copied the html into a placeholder in Xara (from my php file). The form was shown, but no Recaptcha box. Arrghh!

I can only put this down to Xara not liking the format <?php

Any ideas? (I'm not a coder, but have bumbled my way through to this point).

Xara has no likes or dislikes when it comes to code you enter in placeholders. Xara simply exports the html with your code as you entered it. If the page fails after export and it is due to your code, then something is not quite right with the way/method you have embedded it (or something is mssing). IOW: Xara doesn't care wbout the code in the placeholder, but the WEB BROWSER might
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64