Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default WD7 - Pasting Issue

I just purchased the WD7 and I’m in the process of setting it up. But I’ve run into a small problem with ‘pasting' text.

I’m sure there’s a setting that I’m missing, so I would appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction.

Here’s the issue: When I right-click to paste in text, a dialogue box comes up:
    Paste replacing selection
    Paste format/attributes
    Paste position
    Paste Size

There’s no “paste text line.”

If you go up to “edit” in the edit bar at the top and click “paste” you get the “paste text line” and more.

Why don’t I get it when I right-click it? In WD6 I did and a dialogue box would come up the options “unformatted text” and “rich text format.”

I must be overlooking a setting. I keep fishing around for a missed setting. Can someone please explain?

Thanks
    Tom Petner

Default Re: WD7 - Pasting Issue

If you select a text area, or drag a text area with the Text Tool and press Ctrl v (the shortcut for Paste) you should get a dialog asking if you wish to paste RTF or Unformatted Text.

I have noticed the difference between the Edit > Paste options and the right click Paste options. But I usually just use Ctrl v or Shift Ctrl v (Paste in Place).

Thanks, I appreciate the answer. It's good to know that I'm not missing a setting. I'm sorry the new version left out that right-click option. I found it easy, but I'll give the Ctrl v a shot.

Are there other small changes like that in WD7?

I wish that the Xara folks would provide more detail on these type of small changes. While it's always good to shift a work process - presumably for the better - it helps to know going-in what those changes are, rather than discover them by accident while working on a page. I spent a lot of time reviewing the movies to see if there are things I should know about.
    Thanks
    Tom Petner

Option still there. You may have an object on the page already selected - there should be nothing selected
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	paste-text.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	80836  
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Ah, not necessarily' John. If you have a text area selected or if you draw a new text area, you can select Paste > Paste Text Line (which is really misleading) but which has the effect of pasting unformatted text and word wrapping the text.

If you simply right click on the page and select Paste Text Line, it pastes however much text you have in the clipboard on one line.

Get your point but I wasn't classifying a text area as an object
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64