Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

WD6 Publish properties

I upgraded from Xara Webdesigner 6 to Webdesigner Premium 7.0.2. All went well and smoothly.
    However, when I opened an existing design to check publishing it in the same way as I published it before at version 6, the web properties profile was empty.
    This occurs although I saved the profile within the document.
    So I have to make new profiles for all my documents or is there an other way???????

Default Re: Publish properties

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I can confirm this problem. It is annoying. But in the overall scheme of things, setting up a new profile is not all that time consuming.

John Horn or bb2, is there any way to recover that publishing information?

WD6 Re: Publish properties

You are right, it isn't time consuming
    But nevertheless it shouldn't be necessary

The behaviour im seeing is as below which differs from what Luud is reporting.

Documents created in v6 with the publishing entered and 'save details in current document' enabled: These documents open in version 7 with the publishing details still present

Documents created in v6 with the publishing entered and 'save in profile' enabled: These documents open in version 7 with the publishing details not present.

Can you verify whether you had saved the details within the document in version 6 or saved them as a profile?

bb2-I specifically saved a WD6 file with both a Profile and Save these details with the current document checked. And when I opened the document in WD7 there were not setting in the Website Properties > Publish.

However one thing I just thought of and it is too late to check, is if even though the details were not there, if perhaps they are in the Profile drop list?

luud, if you have not added the dtp info back, can you see if there is anything in the Profile drop down list?

Can you send me an example please Gary?

No, there is nothing in the drop down list but Magix web hosting and Custom.
    I rechecked wether I did mark Save details in current document and it was.
    And yes, I did Save in profile because the name appears in the Profile drop down list of Web Designer 6.
    I'll give it a new try in anather document, save it in version 6 and will load it in version 7.
    I'll let you kwow wether I succeed or not.
    Luud.

I didn't succeed.

I hope ftp profiles can be retained or imported from version to version otherwise entering them in from scratch everytime you upgrade is going to be painful.