Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Exporting and Publishing -- need advice

When I export/publish a webpage, WD7 generates a lot of files. Which preview fine, and then work fine when I FTP them to the net.
    But then, when I make a change, WD7 generates another ton of files, adding them to the first bunch in the Index_Files folder. So as I make repeated changes, I pile up a zillion files. And at one point, the stuff on the net got scrambled. Which was easy to fix just by deleting everything from both local and net and then re-exporting and re-FTPing.

What I'd like to know: is there a way to get WD7 to automatically erase everything in my local folder (and net folder, if possible) before it exports the results of a change? So all the old files are removed, before the new set comes in?

Default Re: Exporting and Publishing -- need advice

I do not think so. But with the new Explore Webspace feature you can go in and delete the files and start over.

If you are using an external FTP application then you can just select replace all when prompted.

Default Re: Exporting and Publishing -- need advice

Unfortunately, there is a bug that may result in similar behavior (not removing old and unused files on re-export) in current release version. It is fixed now and will be available with the following update.
    Sorry about it.
    John.