Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NeilH is offline Xara Group Ltd. Development Manager Member

Default Web Designer 7.0.2

We’ve just released another update with a fix that affects the exporting of the new “Eye Catcher” widgets that are available in Web Designer Premium. It also has a fix for the internal error mentioned in thread http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...r-4041.k.bi.ap.

Both Web Designer and Premium are updated.

The 7.0.0 and 7.0.1 versions of Web Designer Premium included a bug that affected how photos are exported for the new widgets in the “Eye Catcher” folder of the Designs Gallery. The first time these widgets are exported in a website, the included photos are correctly exported as JPEGs. But after saving the design, reloading, and then exporting again those photos were being exported as PNG files! Obviously these are much bigger files than the JPEG equivalents that should be exported.

The 7.0.2 update fixes this issue, but any designs saved with earlier versions will still exhibit this problem until you edit the widgets once more. So after updating your program, to fix this in a design containing a widget simply edit the widget (double click on it), make a change of some sort and then close and save it back to your website document. You do need to change something in the widget, so that closing the widget document prompts you to save, to fix the problem.

Once you’ve done this all exports should have JPEG photos permanently.

To update to 7.0.2, use Help->Update program.

Apologies for the inconvenience!

Regards

The Xara Team

Default Re: Web Designer 7.0.2

Thanks Neil and all the rest of the team. I'm on my way to update.

Hello, I've bought Designer 7 Premium last week. Great programm! But I have a problem for updating to version 7.0.2 . I've did use >help>update programm, then the update was downloaded. After restarting the programm it still shows version 7.00.

Does anyone can help?
    Greetz
    Ruud

JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Ruudvane - If the above doesn't help you can always get 7.0.2 by uninstalling and re-installing with the latest installer from www.xara.com/uk/downloads/webdesigner/

Neil

Hello Neodist and Neil,

Thanks for the help. I went trough the tips and have manually installed the update 7.02.

Ruud

I just purchased 7 premium and seem to be having a problem. When I click on "Download Themes" it seemed to be going through the motion, but after 217MB of the 245 it stopped. I finally cancelled, but now I can't seem to get it to do anything. Looks like it's working, but it doesn't download anything. Just sits there. I looked around downloads in my account but can't find that file anywhere, is there a way to download it outside Web Designer?

I've shut down the program, restarted the computer, emptied cache, and everything else I could try. Thanks...

When you select Help->Download templates, the template installer gets downloaded to My Documents\MAGIX Downloads\Installationsmanager. Have a look if it's there and if so double click it to run it. If it doesn't startup (perhaps the download didn't complete for some reason) delete it, restart WD and try again.

Neil

Thanks, found the partial download (217mb) and deleted it. Retrying the download now, and will post back. Appreciate the help...

Update: Worked great, apparently the first partial download was the problem. Thanks again for the help...
    Last edited by CodeDog; 04 April 2011 at 08:42 PM.

Neil...

We have a fairly major problem in Web Designer 7.0.2.16324 Premium and it may also still be in the just-noticed 7.03.

When you insert a SWF Flash file, using either method available to users (container or otherwise):

1. Designer does NOT write the resulting web-page out properly. The SWF code as written does NOT carry over the critical "loop=false" nor the "loop=true" status of the SWF, and the result is that ALL SWF's loop, even those that were designed to NOT loop(!)

This situation frankly ruins it for those Flash users.

Looking at the Web Designer 7.0.2.16324 HTML source code as generated, you can see that the entire code that details what is to loop, and what not to loop is totally missing, even if the loop code WAS in the SWF file itself(!)

2. YES, users COULD also insert some of the SWF loop information ion the HTML <HEAD> and <BODY> code for the SWF file, but that is NOT what Web Designer 7 Premium was supposed to be all about.

PLEASE PLEASE also consider responding to my Email (or Skype if you use it) on this, but I will also try to monitor this Forum Topic as well.

Joe
    info@windowgroup.com