Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Xara Advertising

Can I add my voice to the "remove it" side.

Yes it is trivial, but it is an annoying trivial. I have caught it by running as Administrator, but it still comes back.
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

yep... same here.
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Hello guys ... I can confirm this is definitely a glitch and I'm keen to know exactly what has gone wrong!

Any new splash-screen should show only once, and then be dismissed by selecting 'Don't Show Again', until another splash screen is posted with a new offer / information (and this would typically not occur more than once a month).

From a quick look at all the posts it seems that the incorrect behaviour (i.e. repeatedly showing the same screen despite selecting Don't Show Again) is occurring in Designer Pro 6. Can you reply as to whether this is the case or whether you have seen it in other products?

Many thanks, I hope we can sort this out soon.

Marc

Yes Marc, It is indeed XDP6 and yes it persists. Ticking the box doesn't keep it away.

Thanks Jim -

We think we've tracked down the problem. The program uses checksums in an index.xml file to determine whether the local file is the same as the server one. We recently automated the creation of these indexes on the server, but it seems that in certain cases the generated server index is now incorrect and the program treats it as a new file. Hopefully we will have a solution shortly.

Marc

Good to you're on the case, thanks.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Hi guys,

We've fixed the problem with the faulty checksum generation. I've just retested with my XDP6 and the problem no longer occurs. Please give this a try and let us know if the problem still occurs for you.

In general we do try to keep these notifications unobtrusive, so if you see something like this happening again in any of our products please let us know as it is likely to be a bug!

Marc

Thank you, Mark.

Take care, Mike

Well done, Mark.
    Just to edit my previous illiterate post #26; Good to see you're on the case, thanks.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Thanks for the fix, seems to be working fine!

Another thing I experiment often at program startup:

A dialog box asking to restore documents, although the option to backup open documents on program close is unchecked.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S_20110414_090202_1_1920x1200.png 
Views:	152 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	80977

Marc