Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NeilH is offline Xara Group Ltd. Development Manager Member

Default Web Designer 7.0.1

We've just released an update to Web Designer 7 and Web Designer 7 Premium .

7.0.1 contains a number of fixes and improvements. Here’s a summary of the main ones:

Web Designer 7 & Web Designer 7 Premium

- Font problems in the user interface on Windows XP fixed.
    - User gallery website submission now operational (Publish tab of Web Properties)
    - Various help updates
    - Snap to objects improvements
    - Designs Gallery improvements (now shows thumbnails as you scroll and occasional AV on opening download folders fixed).
    - Many other small fixes and improvements

Web Designer 7 Premium only

- Cloud zoom widgets improved so that Fill tool can be used to adjust photo positions in frames
    - Flash preview button was missing from the Preview in Browser tab of animation properties

New installers are on the website, but if you have 7.0.0 installed you can use Help->Update program to download and install the update.

Regards,

The Xara Team
    Last edited by NeilH; 31 March 2011 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Actually no need to click Default - Current is ok too.

Default Re: Web Designer 7.0.1

Thanks Neil. I was having a problem with the Cloud Zoom widget. If I used a vertical format image, the image was distorted. Has this been fixed?

Also, if there is an update available, why do I get two dialogs that tell me there is no update available when clearly there is?

Hi Gary

What revision do you have installed? Selecting help followed by update program should cause a dialog to display with the title 'internet connection' Clicking on the start button causes the check to occur and find the update. You can then click on 'Download update' to commence the download.

The updates to the widgets allow you to use the fill tool to adjust the photo position. Please can you send me your .web file containing the widget so i can check for the distortion you mention

Thanks
    Bhavesh

Default Re: Web Designer 7.0.1 update

Quote Originally Posted by NeilH View Post
    We've just released an update to Web Designer 7 and Web Designer 7 Premium .

7.0.1 contains a number of fixes and improvements. Here’s a summary of the main ones:

Web Designer 7 & Web Designer 7 Premium

- Font problems in the user interface on Windows XP fixed.
    - User gallery website submission now operational (Publish tab of Web Properties)
    - Various help updates
    - Snap to objects improvements
    - Designs Gallery improvements (now shows thumbnails as you scroll and occasional AV on opening download folders fixed).
    - Many other small fixes and improvements

Web Designer 7 Premium only

- Cloud zoom widgets improved so that Fill tool can be used to adjust photo positions in frames
    - Flash preview button was missing from the Preview in Browser tab of animation properties

New installers are on the website, but if you have 7.0.0 installed you can use Help->Update program to download and install the update. Choose the Default option when asked whether to use Default or Current settings.

Regards,

The Xara Team
    I just updated web designer 7 premium and after that I was unable to preview pages in a browser!
    Is there another bug or have I to install something else?
    Maatwerkwebdesign The Netherlands
    Elibert Maathuis
    designer

Hi Elibert,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

I have updated my Vista and Windows 7 machines and both are working to preview pages using all my installed browsers.

What version of Windows are you running?
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Did you have the preview problem with the initial release version? Does right clicking on the program desktop shortcut and selecting to run as administrator affect the problem?

NeilH is offline Xara Group Ltd. Development Manager Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maatwerkwebdesi View Post
    I just updated web designer 7 premium and after that I was unable to preview pages in a browser!
    Hi Maatwerkwebdesi,

Can you provide more information please?

Can you not preview any designs at all, even a blank design, or is it just a problem with a specific design?
    What excatly happens when you press the preview button, or do File->Preview page?
    Have you tried restarting the program?
    What version of Windows are you using?

Thanks

Neil

Do I need to re-publish my web site because of this update? That is, were there Web Designer bugs that affected the functionality of the published web site? Thanks.
    "Leave it a lil better than b4."

I updated my Premium and I do see the preview but it says that my website is a presentation and explains the different options to review it. Now I'm afraid this will show online when I upload to my server. How do get this sorted out?

UPDATE:

I did upload the page and it did not show the the presentation box. However, the page now does work as a presentation using the arrow keys. Not sure if I want this or how to get this function disabled?

Here is the site

Tom
    Last edited by camelot217; 31 March 2011 at 03:58 PM.

camelot217 - your document must be set to be a presentation document. Please view the Website tab from Utilities > web Properties and disable the remove the tick from the checkbox labelled 'Presentation website'

zeedale - There is no need to republish your website.

Many thanks