Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

WD6 Google Checkout Gadget Not Compaitble W/XWD6?

Okay, I am hoping someone can give some advice. I am about 3/4's way done with my site and got to the E-Commerce part. I use Google Checkout's Gadget because it allows me to give a shopping cart as I have many items to sell in the "store". The problem is this: When I paste the code onto the webpage, the page does not show the entire "cart" or graphic. It cuts it off on the left hand side. I have tried resizing the "cart" and I keep getting the exact same result. This Google Checkout Gadget allows you to use Large, Small or Tiny, and I usually use Small, but tried Tiny and it still got cut off. Anyone have any ideas? I tried to upload a picture of what I am talking about, but the file is just too big. We'll see if you can see the webpage file. Anyway, it is cutting off the LH side of the graphic that is the shopping cart.

Thanks!
    Margaret
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Google Checkout Gadget Not Compaitble W/XWD6?

Hello Margaret

I looked at the page in Web Designer 7 and it previews fine.

I did get an illegal file name warning when I previewed the page and also it flagged the use of Martina, a non-websafe font that will display differently on the visitor's computer of the font is not installed on her or his computer. The illegal file name can sometimes occur if you cut and paste a file name from another source such as a word processor or e-mail program or download from a website.

On your file name buy now, do not leave spaces between words in file names as this can cause problems with some browsers or servers. Use a dash or underscore between words. e.g. buy-now or buy_now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cart.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	80773  

Hi GW!

Thank you for the response. Yes, I am aware of the illegal file name warning that seemed to just pop up, so I will check all of the file names associated with that site. I also learned the hard way about not leaving spaces in filenames, etc., so that I will double check as well. When I look at the Preview, it cuts off the words "View Cart" ON the cart itself which is why you see that other green "View Cart" floating there. That was a temporary fix that I was going to lay over the actual imbedded "View Cart" and I just left it there for the moment as I have not yet published. I did find another work around. I did go ahead and started building a cart at ECWID because it interfaces automatically with Google Checkout which is the CC processor of choice for the moment (cheap! LOL!). Anyway, I thank you so much for looking into it and it is good to know that you saw the whole title and for some reason I did not. But otherwise, if failure is still lurking around, I can use the ECWID cart as well.

Much appreciated for everything!

Margaret

Pleasure. Let us know how it turns out. I'll have my credit card ready.