Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Possible Browser Issue? Help Please..

Jeff have you uploaded many times with updates for the web site?

May I suggest that you clear the files from the web host and make a clean upload.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Bill I have done just that, uploaded many times with updates, but I also cleared the server an reloaded couple weeks ago, I will try it again this morning, before 9AM PST if you will look for me and see if it worked. The problem for me is, when I make changes in WebD..and I preview the site every thing looks fine, also when I visit it in IE on the web everything looks fine, I'm not seeing the issue and I'm obviously not seeing my new changes or improvements. The latter being a biggie. How can I work on a site and not know if what I'm doing is being seen by browsers everywhere?
    Did you see anything in the file I uploaded for you?Thanks bunches for your help Bill, Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Everything in your .web file seems to be good. I exported as website and have placed it on my local servers to see how it looks. Everything is good on IIS 7.5 and the two versions of Apache I have installed on machines on my local home network. The export on my local machine produced 69 png images for your site. What got me to think it may be a case of too many updates with images being renumbered is the numbers for the png images from your site are in the 300 range rather than the 1 through 69 that an export to a fresh folder produced.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Bill my friend, thank you again for sticking with me buddy! Anybody else you're welcome to join in and help is appreciated greatly.
    What I did, I cleaned the server of all files. I worked on the site all morning, 6 hours. Some of my pages were custom size, I made them all the same size. I deleted the menu bar on all the pages and started from scratch, re-naming all the page file names and created a new menu bar then placed it on every page. By re-sizing pages I had to move things around, text and images, and re-size most of them as well. I deleted one gallery, I'm not sure if I can have two on one page, can I? I exported the re-built verson to a new folder on my PC, I uploaded the files to my server.
    What I need from you?
    Would you, when you get a momnet, please go in and look at it for me? I visit it and it looks and opperates fine, all the new changes are visible, but I couldn't see the errors before, so I'm in the dark here. Many thanks, Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Doobieduck View Post
    ... I'm not seeing the issue and I'm obviously not seeing my new changes or improvements.
    Jeff if you are not seeing your changes are you sure you are uploading them to the correct folder on your web host.

I'm not seeing any change of the webpage.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Bill a big thank you again my friend. Hey I did see my changes yesterday, I'm sorry if I confused you, sometimes I'm not the best communicator in type! I saw the changes on the web, everything looked fine, my client saw them and said ecery thing looked fine, BUT, my buddy here who uses Firefox or some other browser said there are still big issues, he showed them to me, and yes, there are. I have a ticket going with Xaa support and they've asked for some files, I'm going to try and get those to them very soon and I'll keep you in the loop of course. Thanks again Jeff

I am still waiting to hear back from Xara on the issue. I updated to IE-8 today, the website looks fine in it. The website looks fine when previewing in Xara web designer, but still in Safari it has serious issues. I'm not sure what other web browsers are working with it or not. This is quite troubling that anyone on the internet would see it all screwed up when I sold it to a client who is paying to advertise it on the internet. I need help and soon, thanks jeff

Jeff you may find it beneficial to have multiple browsers installed on (at least one of) your machine(s).

Have you updated the site on your web host? I am still seeing the same page with issues that was there last week. Forcing a refresh does not change anything.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Bill many thanks for your promt reply, nothing after this post:
    "What I did, I cleaned the server of all files. I worked on the site all morning, 6 hours. Some of my pages were custom size, I made them all the same size. I deleted the menu bar on all the pages and started from scratch, re-naming all the page file names and created a new menu bar then placed it on every page. By re-sizing pages I had to move things around, text and images, and re-size most of them as well. I deleted one gallery, I'm not sure if I can have two on one page, can I? I exported the re-built verson to a new folder on my PC, I uploaded the files to my server. "

I saw all my new changes at that time, it all looked good. I have done nothing to it since that post. It looks fine to me, it looks fine when previewed in Xara. I did download Safari just so I could see the issues, and they look bad. But in IE8, that I downloaded this AM, it looks fine. So buddy, does the program only work in certain browsers? That's a serious defect I think. I guess as long as it looks good to me and my client in IE8 then great..but what happends when someone emails him and tells him it looks like crap. What about the clients he looses becasue of this issue.
    I'm not getting the drift here. Should everyone have different browsers? Is it me, the software, or my server? What do I do next? I'm at a loss and have tons of extra time now into this project? I'm trying to do everything I'm told. Bill..can I send you an image of what files are on my server, could it be that I am ftping those files manually that possibly I'm missing a folder or file? I'll let you know what Xara writes me..thanks again, Jeff

Jeff you can email me at bjt49 [at] hotmail [dot] com.

Looking at your site I see the last update was on March 27, 2011. Was this when you made the most recent changes?
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update