Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Using Template Pack w/ Designer Pro 6

I have Web Designer 5 & 6 on my old laptop, and purchased Template Pack 1 for use with WD6, I now have a newer laptop with Designer Pro 6 installed, and would like to install the Gradient, Webzine, and Zeta themesets, plus there's a TP1 Graphics collection as part of that template pack, also. I've researched the forum, and the closest thing I found told me I could go to the Add Disc Designs button in the Design Gallery and navigate to the Clipart folder for WD6. But ... since it's not on the same computer, I can't do that. Tried just grabbing the download and running the install procedure, but it doesn't recognize DP6. Copied the four folders with these themesets to a flash drive, tried to add from there, got error message about not having a "Design Index" and asking if I wanted to create one. Got an error saying "No Suitable Designs" could be found. Tried copying one of the folders into the DP6 structure with the existing theme folders, but it doesn't show on the list. How can I get these templates to work with DP6? I want to update several sites I created with WD6, and would like to have the full design gallery available to me. Thanks in advance ... I'm sure one of you wizards out there can set me on the right path.

Default Re: Using Template Pack w/ Designer Pro 6

Hi Ken

Can you copy the folders onto a thumb drive or a CD?

I have not tried this from one computer to another but I would try this. Copy the folders and get them onto a portable drive, disc, or just onto the desktop.

Use the disc files command and locate the folder. Open the folder and select the Xarainfo folder and select it.

Either Add or Update. I am not sure which option will be available.

Let us know if this works.

Default Re: Using Template Pack w/ Designer Pro 6

Gary, thanks for the tip. Got me over the hump. I was selecting the folder on my thumb drive for each of the templates, then trying to add it. I needed to click on the folder to open it first, then add. BUT ... although it added it at the bottom of the Design Gallery listing (not in the Themes folder, as I'd hoped), it showed the path to the D: drive. So I made a new folder within the Xara folder inside the Program Files (x86) folder. I called it TempPak1 ... then I copied my four template folders into it. Went back to Disc Designs, navigated to 'em in their new home on my C: drive, clicked to open the Gradient folder, added ... then did that with TP1Graphics, Webzine, and Zeta. All now show up at the bottom of my Designs Gallery listing, but they're showing a full path spec from the C: drive ... so if I need 'em, I can get to 'em. I have one prototype design created with Gradient, another with Zeta, and it's nice to have the full themesets on my newer computer.

Appreciate the help ... I've used various forums for other things, but this one is BY FAR the best I've ever encountered. Hope the next person looking to do this will be able to find this thread!