Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Cut and Paste People From Different Photos

Hello guys, ive searched all over youtube and im trying to figure out the best way of taking an original photo, possible black and white would be best to start with and then cutting a person from another photo and make the person seem like a legit part of the photo.

My aim is to get a famous person with myself stood next to them, possible with my arm around his shoulder or something. I seem to have the most problems with hair and getting the correct sizes for the people, the one its hard to get the imported one the same realtive size as the as the person in the real photo.

Any tips? Whats the best way to blend the "fake" person into the real pic?
    IP

Default Re: Cut and Paste People From Different Photos

Sounds slightly dishonest to me.

You have not said what program you want to do this in so it is kind of hard to help you.

What is important is that the light source for both photos as well as the camera angle be the same. If you have light coming from your left and the photo you are trying to insinuate yourself into is lit from the right, no matter how skilled you are in your composing, it is going to look wrong. Same thing with camera angle.
    IP

well agree with gwpriester, its hard to give you solution of your problem.
    well from my side i recommend you a software which is Adobe Photoshop CS5, it has a great utility and advance techniques to cut and edit the images easily. its a very user friendly software, and it will solve your problems too with easy tools.
    try auto selection tool from it.
    IP

Keeping in mind what Gary says above about light sources etc, I find that Xara Designer Pro is often very good for such things. The feathering feature saves an awful lot of time.

I use XDP for touching up photos quite a lot too these days. The results can be just as good as airbrushing when it comes to smoothing away the wrinkles.
    IP

yep I have done some pretty amazing things with XX5 Pro. And the result sometimes even looked convincing.
    and yes the feather option helps a lot.
    be aware, not to become a ware.
    IP