Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Can you force the Navbar to the front on pages?

XWD6: I created a navbar and had it repeat on all pages. I then created a colour block across the width of the page to go behind the navbar, arranged it to the back and made it repeating.
    Unfortunately the colour block appears in front of the navbar on every other page. The same applies to any new graphic that you create - they always appear at the front on other pages even if you have them at the back on the current page.

I understand why this happens (new objects on a page are created at the front) but it means I have to go to every page and every graphic and re-order them.

-Could the navbar dialogue have an option "Always keep at front" to avoid me having to keep moving it back to the front?

-Or is there some way of forcing objects to the front/back with a name (although 2 such objects would have a catch 22 situation)?

BTW I know I could use an extra layer to sort this (put the navbar on separate layer in front of the mouse-off layer) and I know that if I grouped all background graphics before repeating it would be easier but then it wouldn't be a design process if we got everything right at the first go!

Default Re: Can you force the Navbar to the front on pages?

The Navigation Bar should always be on the base level, Mouse Off or Layer 1 (depending on which program you are using).

Can yon explain why you would put something over the Navigation Bar?

Default Re: Can you force the Navbar to the front on pages?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Can yon explain why you would put something over the Navigation Bar?
    Perhaps my post wasn't clear; I don't want anything in front of the navbar, but when I add graphics behind the navbar and make them repeating they appear in front of the navbar on every other page - hence we need a function/option/mechanism to keep the navbar at the front of its layer.