Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Problem making selections across layers for soft grouping

[Post re: Xara DP6] I've been using Xara for years, but have never used it for web work. Compared to the rest of the program, I'm finding creation or editing of nav bars very anti-intuitive. For the first time, using Xara is painful.

Having had no luck editing a template navbar, I started from scratch and had no trouble designing a bar with the look I wanted. I have all the buttons made; one complete set is on the MouseOver layer, another set is on the MouseOff layer. So far so good.

I've read my butt off, so I already know that--for each button in my bar--I need to soft group the Text Line + Shape on the MouseOver layer with the Text Line + Shape on the MouseOff layer. That's the part I can't seem to do.

I am having no problem selecting the Text Line + Shape on either layer (by Ctrl+Click), but then when I go to the other layer to repeat the process and complete the soft grouping, I lose the first two items I selected on the other layer. What the heck is happening?

I've uploaded the bar with both layers of buttons. I'm hoping it's something stupid and simple...LOL

Thanks in advance--any assistance greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Bud
    Attached Files Attached Files