Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red face Importing a short movie into my Xara webpage?

Good evening all,

I am struggling trying to import a movie into my Xara webpage. I have read the instructions on the Xara help menu which makes it look pretty simple. I really need guidance on this.

I am also having problems setting up links to the pages on my Xara web site I am still working on. Again, the instructions make this look like a simple task. As a senior citizen I might have slowed down some. I thank you in advance for your assistance.

bob

Default Re: Importing a short movie into my Xara webpage?

Good evening all,

Here is additional information regarding the movie I can't import to my new Xara website. The address for this movie is:
    http://www.myvideotalkusa.com/images...reen1-1_on.png

When I type in this web address I get nothing like the movie. Additional info is:

Protocol: Hyper Text Transfer
    Type: PNG Image
    Dimensions: 460x274
    Video Movie: 93528 bytes

I hope this helps me to get an answer why I am having such difficulty importing this movie onto one of my website pages. I have even tried "cutting and pasting" but without success. I have even tried "cutting and pasting" the address of the movie when a box comes up on Xara requesting a web address, but that does not work either. I am totally stumped. Thanks for all assistance.

bob

That link you give is a link to an image and not a video.

Are you trying to embed a video from another site?

or

are you trying to upload a video you already have on your computer?

Good morning Clevo,
    Thank you very much for your response. Please note that when you click on the web address in my original request for assistance it takes you to an image. If you wait a few seconds that one image changes to 4 additional images. The movie I want to capture and import to my web page is "My Video Channel or My Video Show". Click on both of these 2 images and you will find they both are the same movie I want to import.

I will be promoting this company's services and that movie is a presentation of all of the services offered by this company. If I can import this movie I won't have to have lots of extra content on my website. I can have fewer web pages, and, I believe visitors to my website would rather watch a movie than read a lot of text. I do hope this explanation helps. Thanks much again for wanting to help me with this. Please let me know if this response will help.

bob

Not sure, but this might help
    Attached Files Attached Files
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Hello again Clevo,

Yes, I am trying to import (imbed?) this movie from the website of the company I am an agent for. As stated earlier, I would rather present a movie that explains our services than a lot of text that may not explain things as well. I do hope this helps. Thanks again all.

bob

Have you looked at the .xar I posted? No good?
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Hello Neodeist,

I am a complete novice so completely missed your post. Please explain what this is so that I can get a better understanding of what it is I am to do. I do ask for your pardon regarding this miss on my part.

bob

Hi Bob, no problems Have a look at this link

http://xara-users.magix.net/public/music-man-bob/

which explains things a bit more. You will have to download Dewplayer ... the link to that is included

One thing you should also bear in mind is that unless you have permission from 'MyVideoTalk' to do this, you are stealing bandwidth. They will eventually detect this and block it. So, it might be best to download the actual video file and host it at your own server space (if that's allowed by MVT)

Or better still get the company to host the video on Vimeo or Youtube and embedd from there...much easier