Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Editing Fill and Text in Nav Bars

Sorry for so many basic questions...but I am customizing a theme and can't quite figure out how to easily edit the fill color, text color, and line in the nav bar(s) I drop into the site. I understand that the bar is grouped, but even ungrouped, it seems than any change at all in fill color immediately washes out the text. Do I have to separate all the button text from the button shapes before changing the fill color? And what's the best method for making changes in font and color to the text? My attempts to make these kind of changes in appearance are not working and generating unwanted results-- such as the text turning into outlined text as soon as I try to change the color.

I'd very much appreciate your help!

Default Re: Editing Fill and Text in Nav Bars

Hello Joe

The buttons are soft grouped. So once you have ungrouped the Nav bar for editing, delete all but one of the buttons. From the Arrange menu, select Remove Soft Group. Now you will have two groups on two layers. To select just the rectangle and not the text, hold down the Ctrl key and click on the rectangle. This is how you select an object in a group. Then change the color.

When you have edited both buttons (mouse off and mouse over) select both and reapply the soft group. Then recreate your Nav bar.

Default Re: Editing Fill and Text in Nav Bars

Thanks! No wonder I wasn't getting anywhere. I haven't had to deal with soft grouping yet (I'm about 2 days into learning WD by doing), but I will look for information in the help section and elsewhere, then do as you say.
    My one question is do I have to take any steps with my one remaining button to make sure it is connected to nav bar administration, or is that feature somehow associated with each of the buttons in the bar?