Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy Navigation Bar > Menu Style Doesn't Work

Hello Everyone

I need some help please.

I am trying to use the navigation bars from the design gallery, but none of them work correctly as far as changing their styles are concerned.

I go to the Navigation Bar Properties menu and then select Menu Style and try to change the color scheme.

It all looks good and I save my changes (they are still there when I come back in, so I know they were saved) but in preview, or on full export, the colors are the same as they were in the gallery.

In other words, nothing I change in the Menu Style window carries over, it just doesn't work.

How can I fix this???

Thanks in advance for your help!

Default Re: Navigation Bar > Menu Style Doesn't Work

The Menu styles only affect the submenus. If you don't have any submenus you will see no change.
    To edit colors on template navbars they will usually have named colors applied.
    They usually appear at the left side of the color bar, and are shown as filled squares.
    If you change these in the Color editor you'll change the color everywhere it's used, including on navbars.
    If they don't use named colors you would need to ungroup the navbar, ungroup the buttons (and delete some of them?), change colors (use named color this time!), group button/text and softgroup mouseoff/mouseOn layer. When making it into a navbar again it will remember all the menus/buttons that it had beefore, including links etc.
    buttons. Then when you make a

Got it (mostly)... Thanks!!!!

thank god, this little problem has been doing my head in as well, many thanks

also how would i go about adding an image to the submenu?

like in the attached example i'd like to add the yellow triangle to the sub menu, is this possible?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	submenu.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	80406