Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Overprint:

Default Overprint:

Hi folks,

I am using adobe illustrator cs5 and and having trouble about overprint, i got an artwork from the client and it uses a overprint command in the artworks at different places and i dont know where he used some of the colors and black aswell, i copy aw and place in the photoshop it didnt showed things which in the aw, so please guyz tell me how to remove the overprint command in adobe illustrator cs5? without selecting anything or selecting. thanks.
    IP

Default Re: Overprint:

Why do you want to remove it? The overprint command is to ensure clean printing with no small white gaps which can occur if the printing press is not tightly calibrated.
    IP

Thank you very much for taking a long time, it is not the offset printing, we have to get ready for digital process, as i am opening the file in adobe photoshop for creating a tiff format, it is not showing overprint material.
    IP

OK I am not an Illustrator user. I have Illustrator CS5 but I rarely open it. I do use Photoshop for some things. So I am probably not the person to ask. But your question had not been answered and I wanted to see if I could offer anything.

I suggest going to the Adobe Illustrator support page on Adobe.com and check their FAQs.

The newer versions of Illustrator (and all the CS) also have a very good search function where you can key in a question or a few keywords and get related answers and often articles. This might be your best bet.

Sorry I am not able to help.
    IP

Thanks dude.
    IP

That's Mr. Dude. I am almost 70
    IP

Yes you have got to give respect to such an old man!
    If you're opening a PDF file in Adobe Reader and this is the way that I would go, and you want to see the file correctly on your screen, you need to turn on a preview feature called "Overprint Preview". Both Illustrator and InDesign have this feature (found in the View menu), but they've managed to do a good job hiding this feature in Acrobat: open Preferences and navigate to the Page Display panel. Then check the button marked Overprint Preview. The file will now appear correctly on screen and you will see the areas that will cause you problem.

If you're working on a file with overprints in Illustrator and need to simulate those overprints when printing from Illustrator, you can do so by choosing File > Print, navigating to the Advanced panel of the Print dialog, and choosing the Simulate option in the Overprints popup menu. This is the area where you can discard the Overprint option so you will need to use the print function to Adobe Acro, see screen grab.

Hope this helps and I would have a look at the help files in Illy it will give you a better understanding of what you are doing in this area as I agree with Gary here and would only think of doing this if I was using white or a large transparent area. With transparencies I would use the flatner. Come back if you need more help and also use the net for help as there are loads of info out there on this subject.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen_discard.png 
Views:	813 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	80290  
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

i do respect old men, sorry for that. ok i didnt get what i want.
    working in illustrator how to remove the overprint from the objects. thanks.
    IP

Have a look in "Attributes" panel to see if the object or objects to see if the Overprint Fill or Overprint Stroke have been ticked. Also have a look at this plugin http://www.astutegraphics.com/produc...asm/index.html it is a bit tasty in price but the designer plugin can be bought for $49. Please remember that this is basically a print command which has been given if you have received only the PDF from your client and not the .AI file.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP