Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Red guidlies in XWD 6

How do I easily duplicate my red guide lines in XWD 6. When I added a guide line I expected to automatically see it on all pages. I've manually added the darn line(s) to each page but this is a royal pain. As I convert my 100 page site I cannot imagine manually duplicating something as simple as this on every darn page.

Default Re: Red guidlies in XWD 6

There are a few things you can do.

Create your page with the guidelines in place. Then duplicate the page. Anything on the page will be duplicated on the next page and any duplicates you add at that time.

Another thing you can try though this is not very elegant. Recreate your guidelines on a new layer using actual lines. Cut all these lines to the clipboard.

Open the Page and Layer Gallery and select the Guide layer for each page and Edit > Paste in Place (Shift Ctrl v). Anything placed on the Guides layer (even shapes and text) becomes a guideline.

Default Re: Red guidlies in XWD 6

Your first suggestion works for that page but not all the other pages in the site. As I attempt to work with my 100+ page site I find that I need to add new guidelines and they are not repeated on all pages. Without a lot of effort.

I could see where your second suggestion would work better, I'll have to play with this a bit more.