Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question CorelDraw Activation

Hi. I run CorelDraw Graphics Suite X5 on a Mac Pro, and recently had to reinstall the program. I did this while running Windows 7 in Bootcamp (Apple's own solution for running Windows natively on an Intel-based Mac). Setup ran fine from the DVD, as did the activation process when I ran CorelDraw for the first time. My problem is I also run Windows 7 in a virtual machine on my Mac, but now when I go to run CorelDraw under that scenario, the program gives me an error message at start up. Something about CorelDraw needs to be activated. But it was already activated when I installed it under Bootcamp. Why the need to activate it twice? More importantly, CorelDraw won't even start now under the virtual machine, so I can't access the activation screen or options. Any ideas? Thank you.
    IP

Default Re: CorelDraw Activation

Hello Rocket

It has been several days since you posted this question and I see that nobody has an answer.

I hate to send members away but maybe it is best to post this in the CorelDRAW Users Forum http://coreldraw.com/forums/

Good luck and please let us know what you find out.
    IP

Hello Rocket. Since you are a real owner of the software, you may want to try Corel's fine cutomer support at www.corel.com/support. I haven't had the issues that you are experiencing so I cannot give any more help than this, especially when running a Windows app on Mac (also which I have had no experience with). chuckray
    IP

Yes, I am definitely a legitimate owner of the software. I think the problem is that I'm using Windows in both Bootcamp and in a virtual machine environment (using VMWare Fusion software). I think CorelDRAW is seeing this as two separate Windows installations, but it's not. I'm using Bootcamp as my virtual machine. I don't have two separate installations of Windows on my Mac, so I can't possibly have two installations of CorelDRAW on my computer either.
    IP

is it the one windows 7 licence in both your Bootcamp and VM Fusion ?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Yes, I have and use just one Windows license. Bootcamp and Fusion use the same Windows license, so why does CorelDRAW apparently need two licenses, or at least two activations? Knock on wood, but I did get CorelDRAW to activate properly in Fusion today, so it could have been just a glitch. I'll report back if this anomaly happens again.
    IP

thanks
    and if you still have problems, I'd take it up with Corel as Chuck suggested

good luck
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP