Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: naming photo's

Default naming photo's

I know this has been covered recently but i would like clarification

I have imported a photoholder from the designs gallery added a photo and made it pop up do i select the whole lot and filename="a-d-c" obviously it is a soft group and so i think i remember its exported as a .png so will be indexed as such? Is this correct?

Default Re: naming photo's

Not sure what you are asking here Señor Perro.

The sledger trick for having a photo retain its name, is give the original photo the name you want, for example, scrofulous-canine.jpg and place it on the desktop or somewhere else where you know where to find it. Then link the photo on the page to the renamed image (Placeholder > Replace with Graphic File) .

When you export/publish your website the photo will retain the name of the linked image.

Is that what you were asking?

I love the dog avatar photo by the way. Is that your dog? He looks loyal and trusting.

hi Gary

With regard to the naming stuff i am aware of steves placeholder tweak but dont think it will work on pop ups with a photoholder from the designs gallery, the renaming images i am trying to find an answer to came up in two threads recently

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...search-engines

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...0-in-the-title

I did try to select the picture only but the new name was transferred to all the phiotoholder pictures for some reason even if they were imported fresh each time and not cloned or copied so henece the question about the picture plus photoholder if it is exported as a png ( Confirmation please) then the file enamw will be found

Feel free to move this reply dog ramble Gary

'Scruffy' is my dog. Scruffy by name and by nature. He followed me home 8 years ago when i had 2 others. He is a pedigree mongrel if there is such a thing. He is a Blue Meryl lurcher (a Hancock lurcher by breeder) - greyhound cross with English sheep dog ( 5/8:3/8) a real looker. I found out his brother went to a 20,000 acre estate in Scotland - rabbit hunting laird of the land and all of that .

Under all that hair lies a bulky greyhound. He is about the size of a deer hound. In his younger days he moved like the wind and amazing grace, alas he is now about 12 and getting old fast - kidney failure so he is on borrowed time. The touble with pets as any pet lover - cats i see on your photos - will tell you is they never live long enough

Softest dog and most loyal dog i have ever owned. (untill he gets the scent of a rabbit or hare and its paws down the ears and off.

I am having the same problem. For some reason the gallery pop ups keep changing the numeric titles that I asign each photo. I am using the filename="imagename" and only giving the photos a title of 1-20. And it only works on 4 out of 5 photos.

Naming photo popups will ony name the thumbnail. Xara creates the large version and numbers it. Instead, use the alt to describe images. Google likes that
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64