Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hello members,

I'm sorry to say that I'm not as graphically talented as some of you might be and would like some help with this logo.

I have included the PSD file with all it's layers and the font, in case some of you don't have it.

What I'm looking for is to make this logo a little more lively. the colors, size, and font must remain the same. As for the drop shadows, 3d effects, will be considered. Please keep in mind that this is for a hotel reservation site. So please be professional and respectful. You never know you might get something in return..

Thanks,
    Hogtied..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hello members,

I'm sorry to say that I'm not as graphically talented as some of you might be and would like some help with this logo.

I have included the PSD file with all it's layers and the font, in case some of you don't have it.

What I'm looking for is to make this logo a little more lively. the colors, size, and font must remain the same. As for the drop shadows, 3d effects, will be considered. Please keep in mind that this is for a hotel reservation site. So please be professional and respectful. You never know you might get something in return..

Thanks,
    Hogtied..

Hi and welcome to the 3D forum, Hogtied--

I will take a whack at your logo today, but I must add that posting commercial fonts is not a good practice. You're giving the font away for free, and this font is sold by Type Solutions.

Sincerely,
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.

Not much 3D in the design, but for an hour's work, I think there are many attractive elements within it.

My Best,
    Gare
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BestHotel.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	3651  
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

I gotta hand it to you I like the BestHotel text. Not to keen on the other stuff..

I did mention that I would like to have the same fonts, colors, and picture size of 290x77.

hell I'll even dish out some cash if I like the design and plan on using it.

this is what I have

colors: yellow FF9900 ; blue 3300CC

I am open to suggestions and different design Ideas.

Again here's the Photoshop and font file.

Photoshop File
    Font

... Humph...

... Gnaw...

... And clawing my face in anguish...

Quote: "hell I'll even dish out some cash if I like the design and plan on using it." - Wow! Great offer!

How about at least a "thank you" for Gary’s FREE design proposal? But maybe I'm just an old fashioned kind of guy...

... my head hurts...

Risto

risto@ristoklint.com

Visit my web site!

I've been to your site, Bill, and frankly, a more attractive logo will not help your site. You use at least five different typefaces, which is a designer's no-no.

But you did not ask for a critique. You, apparently asked for a specific size, specific colors, and a specific typeface for a makeover of your logo.

As this leaves very little play except to extrude the thing, here's my revision.

Please take it and use it in good health.

My Best,
    Gary David Bouton

Name:	BestHotel-Unispired_version.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	11900  
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

Not much of a change for your basic design.

Soquili

Name:	besthotel3.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	15859  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks gary, risto, and soquili.

For gary: Quote: "You use at least five different typefaces, which is a designer's no-no"

5? Oh your talking about the logo, content, and the font on the links there. your right, I agree with you totally. This is what happens when you don't save the orignal and forget what font you used. Not all of those picture links was created in the same day, in fact not even the same week.

I would like to say thank you for your effort, Gary and Soquili. I'm going to hold off on the logo. There are more important things to work on right now, like getting my certs in Microsuck.

again thanks for you efforts. and rest asured i'll be posting this up soon again..

Thanks much,
    Hogtied (BILL??)