Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: Huge delay when writing text to a document with 30 pages and more

Someone else will have a go, I'm sure, so it's not wasted.

Post an image of the page.

Here you go. I also attached a zip file, cos it automatically resized the jpeg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	123.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	80064  
    Attached Files Attached Files

I can see the complexity. Nice design on the page, but it's probably the last kind of page I'd expect to see coming from Xara since I'd expect it to be driven by a database or CMS.

I did manage to load your design into my copy of Web designer. I copied the page over 35 times and yes it does slow down, but it is usable with patience.

I think that given what you are doing, splitting the site into seperate documents would be better and restore some of the responsiveness.

The design is really clean. I'm really stunned that you are using Xara software for this project.

Well, it is partially driven by CMS, but even so, it still needs to have its custom styling. I'm the one who's coming up with the layout and functionality as well, so it's crucial to present everything properly and accurately...

I tried a bunch of other programs, and none of them suite me better then Xara I used to be a heavy Adobe user, but discovering Xara was a huge revelation for me lol

Sites like this are usually built using dynamic templates, populated at runtime. The layout would be controlled using CSS (or old-school tables) and styled with CSS, so there would never be 30+ pages in the site design. Much of your graphics would simply be CSS styles.

Anyway, good clean design. I really like it.

Thanks, glad you like it

I know what you're talking about, but I still need to present it to the programmers and coders so they know what it all should be styled using CSS. And no, no old-school tables, for gods sake that's quite outdated now :P

CMS or custom code, they still need to understand what it needs to look like in the end

For generation of a template, you only need one example for each page type, or each variation, so you shouldn't need 30+ pages unless you have 30+ types. I think I misunderstood your intention - I thought you were planning to use Xara to create the website. If you're just using Xara to mockup the interfaces, then just create a new document to reduce lag as the document gets bigger.

Hi dv986
    I have opened your page and copied it to give me 10 pages. I can edit text ok. I added a paragraph of lorem and added deleted and generally messed about with the text. There is a very slight delay, maybe 1/2 a second when updating / deleting text. The only thing is I do not have the plug-in you are using, so that may be causing the effect you are seeing. Have you tried turning the view quality down, while you are editing?
    Regards
    Peter

Hi Deltapete!

To recreate the problem you'd have to duplicate the page about 30 times, and write something on one of the last pages... OR just copy and paste everything 30 times in the same page, and start typing there.

I also tried without the plugin a while ago, there was no change. And i just tried to reduce the view quality, and that didn't help either.

Have I understood this right - you don't plan to use Xaras web generation?