Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

xdp6 Huge delay when writing text to a document with 30 pages and more

... and specifically it happens when I type on the very last pages. Basicaly, the more pages you have, and the closer you are to the last one, the bigger the delay.

I did some experimenting and tried moving the very same page from the end to the begining of the document, and everything was super fast like it should be. So this must be some kind of a bug.

It also applies to undo and redo - they are slown down drasticaly.

Can anyone help?

Default Re: Huge delay when writing text to a document with 30 pages and more

What product are you using/inquiring about?

Oh sorry... It's Designer Pro.

I wonder if this may be caused by the spell check function. This happens to me in MS Word and other programs that check spelling on the fly. You might disable spell check and see if that speeds things up. Then enable it and do your correcting all at the same time.

Nah, spell checker is turned off all the time.

Must be nature's way then of telling you that you are too verbose.

Hahaha, i do use it occasionally, just in this cause i'm working on a website, so I don't really need it at the moment

So, any clue why its happening? any way to fix it?

As a test, you might try putting all of the page 30 graphics on a new layer, turn off all of the other layers, and see if that speeds up edits on page 30?

If this is an issue specific to this document I would be interested in seeing it. I am not aware of any slowdowns due to having many pages. After all, the pages are independent, so it should not matter whether you edit on page 1 or page 30.

What if all pages have the text areas linked to flow to the next page?
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64